Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-05-2002, 05:15 AM   #1
Sodomatic Goat
Manshoon

ok, it seems like some people here have completed the game more than several times(eh?), how long is this game actually playable? I myself is on my second go, first time I didn't complete though I found that I had done too many things wrong during the game and started over, this time planning on going through ToB too, as where the first time I came directly from BG I....
Well I gues my questions are how many times has people played this through and don't you have anything else to do other than play BG II??? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2002, 05:18 AM   #2
dragon_lord
Elminster

Well i have played bg2 on and off since December of 2000. I couldnt tell you how many times i have played through because i simply dont remember. I do have other games to play, but i always come back to bg2 in the end

[ 12-05-2002, 05:18 AM: Message edited by: dragon_lord ]
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 05:18 AM   #3
Heartless Butterscotch
The Magister

I'm on my 4th time through. I try to play the game differently each time with respect to different character classes and alignments.

I'm guilty of playing through BG2 only when I'm waiting on another new RPG to come out.
Heartless Butterscotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 06:42 AM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

The storyline starts to get boring after the second go, and after three times you know most areas by heart. Trying different characters and attempting to roleplay them properly, or setting other sorts of challenges like playing with smaller parties, at higher difficulties or without pausing, you can finish the game dozens of times without it getting too boring, but only if you've the time and effort to spare [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've truely finished about five or six times, and other parties got oversaved. And yes, I do have other games to play. Right now I'm fighting my way through BG1 [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 07:08 AM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I've played the game far too many times. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
It's been a while now, though, as I am currently busy with BG1, IWD second go-through, NWN third go-throug, and I will soon get IWD2. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 08:35 AM   #6
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

None yet, but I have two games in their final stages, and two going fast forward.

I think I'll play these ones through and then reinstall since some things are beginning to act up.
Old 12-05-2002, 10:37 AM   #7
philip
Galvatron

1 time completely. restarted a couple of times 2 times in the Underdark, and at least 5 times when i had nearly all chapter 3 quests done
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 01:19 PM   #8
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

i've beaten it a couple of times w/ tob but the reason i've played it alot recently is because my laptop for school has a very bad video card. A long break inbetween. I've also taken on planescape(i'm in the begining my first time through) and icewind dale(see planescape). I've also decided to try my hand at item modding.
Old 12-14-2002, 04:30 AM   #9
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

(WOO HOO - post # 100 - level up )

I'm on run #6, since Feb 2001. I intend to play it at least a few more times. Haven't yet done it as a druid, a fighter, an evil cleric, and I never finished the bard stronghold so I'll redo that as a jester in a 3-person party. And THEN I wanna try soloing...

The thing is, even though I knew the story line by heart after the 2nd time, there are so many new scripted events that pop up depending on your class (the various strongholds), your alignment, the members of your party (love the insults), who you choose to romance, etc. And soloing requires a total reworking of strategy... I don't know if I'll ever get truly tired of BG2. It's not JUST the plot, it's the immense amount of WAYS you can play the game, and the loads of incidental interaction/dialogue.

I only played through ToB once - don't think I will ever play it again, mainly because the enemies get so buff that I relied on the most powerful spells - I kind of got tired of always casting Project Image, Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, and Dragon's Breath every fight

The only other game I like to play is Unreal Tournament. Lately I've tried Morrowind - lost interest after 4 weeks, never finished it, came back to BG2. Tried NeverWinterNights - lost interest after 4 weeks, never finished it, came back to BG2 (I think I prefer 2nd-edition rules). Getting tired of spending money on other games, if this is going to be the pattern - so I don't think I'll need to buy another game, ever. Still enjoying BG2 after almost 2 years. BG2 still makes me LAUGH. I didn't laugh ONCE playing MW or NWN.

My spare time is generally divided between guitar, art, internet, and gaming, so I DO occupy myself with other things . I don't play BG2 every day, either. And I don't feel the need to watch much TV or movies when I can play BG2 instead.
Mahlennacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 03:04 AM   #10
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I've played through SoA and ToB twice with a party then once with a solo sorc. I'm now going through again as a solo pure-classed fighter (complete with russel crowe 'gladiator' portrait).

Yes, it can get boring and yes i do have a life but there's so many little things (like the custom portraits, voice sets not to mention the myriad of 3rd party mods) which help to keep you going.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote