Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-08-2004, 08:48 AM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Weather forecast for tomorrow - SNOW????

That would be that white stuff what falls from the sky in really really cold places right? The sort of stuff one finds coverin the tops of then tall things what we usually refer to as mountains? Think I saw some in Switzerland once - am I on the right track?

Last week we averaged 24 deg C during the days (OK - 75F for you Americans). I live down at sea level on a small coastal island. Who the hale (to borrow a JD expression) does this weather forecaster think he or she is to be tellin me it is going to snow tomorrow in our warm balmy Aussie season of Spring.

If it really does snow tomorrow TL, it will be enough to shake my faith in golbal warming - maybe MagiK is right about it being a pack of nonsense after all .
Old 09-08-2004, 09:24 AM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Just hear those sleigh bells ring-a-lin,

Ting, Ting, Ting-a-lin, too....

Come on it's love-ly weather,

For a sleigh ride

To-gether with yooooooou.....

[img]graemlins/santawave.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2004, 09:31 AM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

WTF!!! Snow in Western Australia???, We hardly even get snow here in Orange, and we are one of the coldest plaes in NSW!
Old 09-08-2004, 10:01 AM   #4
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

I wish it would snow in Syd.... but alas, where I am, lots of hail is the best we can ask for.

Did any other Ozzies get affected by the recent hail storm? Thank christ my new car was inside the garage.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:08 AM   #5
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Yeah...snow. It was cold and rainy today. So, of course, I'm wearing shorts and flip-flops, as I left my tennies in the car. Richmo0nd is an evil place, as far as weather goes. [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2004, 11:52 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Whoohoo! Snowball fight at Davros' place!

Do take some pics if it does snow, Dav!

*goes off humming the song Ronn posted bits of*
Old 09-08-2004, 04:22 PM   #7
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

We're curious, did you wake up to Frosty the Snowman this morning, or was that forecast the result of some meterologist's brain fart?
Old 09-08-2004, 04:29 PM   #8
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Cor blimey Mavis, yer pullin me plonker!!!
I'll never understand you people [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Snow in western Australia? Lucky people, not winter time here yet and I'm praying for some good hardy blizzards this year.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:38 PM   #9
Har'oloth
Manshoon

snow? in australia?
post some photo's when you are trowing some snowballs at skippy! get those jumpy furry animals!
Old 09-08-2004, 05:23 PM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I have woken up to a balmy 14 deg C, and even though it's srill dark outside at 5am I am in short sleeve shirt and track pants.

The screwballs on the radio (via our so called Meteorology dept) are still sticking to their forecast, saying that a storm front will hit today and that storm has come straight up from Antarctica - it is supposed to be intense with early snow being washed away with some hail, sleet and buckets of rain. They are expecting most of the snow about 150 miles south of here, and are not expecting it to exist for long.

Snow in this state is aparently a once in 20 year event, but in Winter - not in a nice warm Spring??? I'll believe it IF I see it.