Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-16-2002, 08:52 AM   #41
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

No sweat here, Avi/Ben. I had my doubts because of your sig pic anyway. Stick arpound.
Old 07-16-2002, 09:43 AM   #42
Absynthe

Funny thing, people always mistake me for male or female. And they're always wrong... Don't sweat it, Benavi - it's still you.

Old 07-16-2002, 09:43 AM   #43
lroyo

Well, I guess I totally underestimated the quality of the IronWorks people! I am just amazed at the way you have all responded to this thread!

I really do feel bad about the whole thing, but I won't leave. You are all such good friends and you have proved that to me with your understanding.

I have been stessing about this for a few weeks now, and I feel as though a large burden has been lifted from my shoulders. I know that not everyone has seen this thread yet, so I may be jumping the gun, but thank you all so much!

Now I need to pick a new name and find a new sig, and continue on my spamming ways! Any ideas for a new name?

Ben.

Old 07-16-2002, 09:46 AM   #44
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

How about Ahdneiva?
Old 07-16-2002, 09:50 AM   #45
Azred
Drow Priestess

No offense, Aviendha, but who cares? You're the same Aviendha you were the first time you posted. I will say that the fact you decided to "come clean" shows that you care about others' feelings; that is never a bad thing. I highly doubt anyone here will hold anything against you.

You might want to avoid bringing this up with your analyst. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 07-16-2002, 09:55 AM   #46
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Use Aviendha it`s a game name so who knove if that is a boy or girl name anyway, and i think Aviendha is cool only change the sig pic and keep the name is my suggestion Ben!

Quote:
First Sister of Lady Blue
Protected Witch of Downunda
Movie Reviewer for IWF
Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, and Patrick Galloway.
Leader in the war against commercial music.
And change this to this:

First Brother of Lady Blue
Protected Mage of Downunda
Movie Reviewer for IWF
Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, and Patrick Galloway.
Leader in the war against commercial music.

And the sig pic can be like this:

Ask Grojlach from Pandemonium if you can use it!

[ 07-16-2002, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 07-16-2002, 10:00 AM   #47
Moni

I am glad you are staying around. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Makes no difference to me what gender you are, you are a good person and it is good to have you included in the IW community.

*called AdamWarlock "dude" for almost a year* lol (love ya Adam/Heather!)

Old 07-16-2002, 10:03 AM   #48
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:
Well, I guess I totally underestimated the quality of the IronWorks people! I am just amazed at the way you have all responded to this thread!

I really do feel bad about the whole thing, but I won't leave. You are all such good friends and you have proved that to me with your understanding.

I have been stessing about this for a few weeks now, and I feel as though a large burden has been lifted from my shoulders. I know that not everyone has seen this thread yet, so I may be jumping the gun, but thank you all so much!

Now I need to pick a new name and find a new sig, and continue on my spamming ways! Any ideas for a new name?

Ben.
Johnny's bro !!!
Old 07-16-2002, 11:04 AM   #49
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

AVIENDHA IS A GUY?!?!?!?!?!? [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cerek dashes madly through the house, running into walls. Jumps into shower and starts scrubbing madly ---- pours soap directly into eyes.

Screams in pain.

"+5 Look of Seduction"

AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Scrubs eyes harder. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Just teasing, Aviendha.

Everybody else has covered the subject pretty well. We like you for your personality, NOT your gender. Don't worry, my man. As you've seen, EVERYBODY is fine with you just the way you are.

I gotta hand it to you, you had me completely fooled. What a shock! Still, it doesn't change how I feel about you as a person.

I agree with the others that there is no reason to change your name, just adjust your sig. I really liked the one Megabot offered. I think it suits your personality very well.

Also, I have requested my own ID change from Ziroc well over a month ago and I've not heard back from him yet. The thing is, it's extra work for him, so it might not happen at all.

Like you, I joined for the BGII forum and I also used the name of my favorite PnP & BGII character. Cerek was a barbarian from the 1st edition UA, so Cerek the Barbaric seemed like a good choice. Then, once I got involved in the Religious threads, I felt that the ID didn't reflect my true personality very well.....so I put in a request to have "the Barbaric" dropped.

But it doesn't really matter if it gets changed or not. People know me as Cerek and I finally found a sig that represents my beliefs far better than my ID. I still hope to drop the "barbaric" tag, but if it doesn't happen, that's fine too.

It should be VERY obvious that NOBODY wants you to leave - and that nobody really gives a flying frog about your gender. Yeah, it might take a little "getting used to", but it won't be long before few people even remember it.

So, relax DUDE! Sit back and enjoy the company of your friends and family.

BTW, how are things going at work? Did your "situation" resolve itself?
Old 07-16-2002, 11:10 AM   #50
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just stick with Aviendha, Ben. That's how we all know you, anyway!

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."