Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-13-2000, 09:19 AM   #1
Hauver

just got the character editor SK and frankly the only thing that I want to edit are the attribute scores of the chr files to near perfect ones(beats hitting the reroll button hundreds of times). However these attribute scores may actually change other attributes like maybe HP and the computer might not make the adjustments automatically for it. So are there any ways to ensure that everything accurately follows the edited attributes?

Old 12-13-2000, 10:03 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just change whichever attribute scores you want to change, and the system will do the rest.

Oh, and if you use Shadowkeeper, that's cheating. Not that there's anything wrong with that, the whole point is to enjoy the game.
Old 12-13-2000, 04:29 PM   #3
Magnus

Cheating????? Not necessarily. I used it to correct a mistake that just saved me replaying about 3 days of game. I knew nothing of the game content and distributed my skill points horribly. I just deducted 2 from one skill and placed them on another. I don't 'feel' like I cheated.

Old 12-13-2000, 04:45 PM   #4
Shank

Depends on what yer definition of cheating is Magnus...

Old 12-13-2000, 05:01 PM   #5
stred
Welcomed New User

i dont know about you but i use shadowkeeper for one perpose only:
cause i hate irenicus dungeon,its soo boring i have a general perpose save after that dungeon and from there i will start my new games changing my main char with shadowkeeper.
Old 12-13-2000, 05:01 PM   #6
Magnus

I know, I know... I'm trying to maintain my lawful good status, so I rationalize it as a correction rather than a cheat. Had I only added the 2 points where I needed them, I would definitely merit the cheater label, but I deducted them from where I put them previously. (I removed 2 points from Axe and put them on 2 handed style) I didn't realize, (in my haste to start playing), that there were styles! or that without selecting one, you were seriously an underachiever! Again, all rationalization, but I feel OK about it, and I don't like to cheat.

Old 12-13-2000, 05:06 PM   #7
G.W.

I think changing any mistake you made is legit. For example, if you gave Minsc proficencies in two-handed weapon style and realized you really should've put one in flails, I don't think that's cheating to take away the proficiency and put one in flails. Or if you sold an item like the pommel and wanted it back, and deducted the gold you got for it.

Old 12-13-2000, 07:32 PM   #8
Armisael

I'd say increasing all your stats to eighteen instead of actually rolling for them is cheating. Especially since the highest roll I've ever heard of was ninety-four or something.

Old 12-14-2000, 12:09 AM   #9
Magnus

I rolled an 89 once in Baldurs Gate,(my stats now total 91 with the 2 tomes I used) but in Icewind I rolled a 91!

Old 12-14-2000, 12:12 AM   #10
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

I didnt consider adding a bag of holding to my inventory and deducting 3,000 gp cheating. It seemed a fair market price and didnt effect the challenge of the game. I also changed sorcerer spells and proficencies evenly, again no effect in game play accept I enjoyed it more and had what I wanted. Cheating, in my book destroys game balance, taking the challenge and thrill of accomplishment out of it. Power to modifying your characters to correct mistakes or swap proficencies if it makes you happy