Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-13-2003, 02:50 PM   #1
Borg
The Magister

All knowing IWF members: I am starting a new game (been thru SoA twice and ToB once with a good Kensai-->Mage, now going with an Evil party where I am a Halfling Assassin). In this game, I'd like to ratchet up the difficulty level to somewhere between a no-mod normal difficulty game and the most difficult game possible. Also I'll use some mods to mix it up a little. But, it would be nice to make sure the mods play together and that I'm not missing anything good. So, here's the plan, please give feedback:

I'm going to play Insane (did Normal mostly last time), but not with tactics since I imagine that should be saved for the next difficulty level. I'm also thinking of the following mods (in addition to the official Patch and Balderdash) in this order of install:

Ease of Use
Improved Thief Stronghold
Rogue Rebalancing
Ascension (played this last time too)
Redemption (Since I'm Evil this time, I may not go far with this mod)
Oversight
Azengaard

Suggestions? Should I adjust the install order? Anything is appreciated. FYI -- my party plans are for me (Halflin Assassin), Korgan, Vic, Edwin, Haer'Dalis, and flexible slot (SoA quest NPC/ToB NPC). I'll probably play modded NPCs in my next game, not this one unless there is one that goes particularly well in this setup.
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 03:18 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

It think they should work becuase all are WeiDu right?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 03:22 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I haven't heard about the Rogue Rebalancing and Azengaard before, but if they're WeiDU, like th erest of the mods, you'll be fine. [img]smile.gif[/img]
You should also consider getting the Item Upgrade mod. It doesn't exactly make the game tougher, nor does it make it easier, but you'll get good new items. Some of them might be a bit overpowered, but the mod is still absolutely worth getting. [img]smile.gif[/img]

An evil NPC that matches perfectly with your setup? Valen. She's as evil as one can get. She becomes a bit overpowered in higher levels, being a vampire and all, but you can't miss her.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:25 AM   #4
Borg
The Magister

Hmmm. After reading more about Valen, I do think she would be fun in an Evil party. Probably really push me down the right [img]smile.gif[/img] path.

But, can you still do the thief stronghold (including the improved thief stronghold mod) and choose Bohdi (in order to get Valen)? With Rogue Rebalancing?

[ 05-14-2003, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Borg ]
Old 05-14-2003, 05:01 AM   #5
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Another Evil Mod NPC worth Looking at would be the Sola mod... there are also a few little bits and pieces in that mod which would make the game a little bit more challenging [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 06:05 AM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I thought Sola was Chaotic Neutral...
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 06:24 AM   #7
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Sola=Chaotic Neutral/Good depending on your own aligment.

Valen=Overpowered

Rogue Rebalancing? Whats that?

Item upgrade is a good mod. makes a few items last longer by making them +5(which allows you to hit magical creatures) and also combines rather useless items to make them usable. Ring of regeneration and RoP+2 make a great combination. brings a few usable clubs too.

[ 05-14-2003, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: Raistlin Majere ]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 10:55 AM   #8
Borg
The Magister

From reviewing previous posts, I cannot figure out who is more overpowered, Sola or Valen. Sola has his massive sword(s) and stats and Valen her innate abilities. Thoughts? (as Borg probably opens a can of worms...)

Rogue Rebalancing is well described on it's web site: http://www.gamesector.co.yu/avenger/ (sorry, don't know how to do links yet).

Still very interested in knowing if I can do Valen and keep the (improved) thief stronghold.