Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker

Old 09-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
manikus
Jack Burton

Default Re: Return of ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinonykos View Post
I think it was Paracelsus who said something like: "Die Dosis macht das Gift." At least, the internet is not physically addictive. Not yet...
I don't know, if I go more than a few hours without closing a pop-up window, I get all shaky.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #12
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion

Finally!!! I'm back online with a computer I can call my own!!! Time to get to work!

ST
Old 09-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #13
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion

Remember the good old days? That is a bit vague, so remember the good old days when SilentThief was attempting artwork of his own and had a laptop and was going to school for computers. Back in the good old days when ST was playing around with DAZ and Truespace? Weeellllll, what happened was I had a run of bad luck with laptops that did NOT have to do with virus, but instead had to do with power cord not working properly making the battery short and lose its ability to re-charge (laptops should have a battery life long enough to boot without needing a recharge).

I DID back up some of my stuff from then, though and I finally found it. Truespace!!! DAZ!!! And here was a pic from playing around with Truespace back then and not having any real knowledge of what I was doing.

ST the re-hooked up!!!
ps. I was going to get DAZ and truespace, but I got it already and some of my prior stuff!
Attached Images
File Type: png My_bk_22.png (46.6 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by SilentThief; 09-06-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: me no spell well, me correct spell
SilentThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #14
manikus
Jack Burton

Welcome back to the world of computer art. That image is very 'arctic'.

Hmmm, I thought these were the good ol' days...

Let me know if you are looking for something 3D and can't find a link.
Unfortunately, my link lists from my forums didn't get backed up (I tried, but the database is unreadable now). But, there is so much free stuff out there and free programs to make your own, you can do whatever you want, for free.

If you're interested in doing backdrops and want photorealism, find Terragen. It's free and it's one of the best, free or otherwise, available.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #15
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion

I was kidn about the good old days, cuz the days are good and getting better...

Anyhow, thanks for the tip. I picked up terragen just now.

ST
Old 09-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #16
manikus
Jack Burton

You know when the good ol' days were? They were up until I got home yesterday and figured out that much of the stuff I thought was being done by the traits database is not being done at all.
But, then they started up again this morning when I got a bunch of stuff knocked out and decided that a bunch of stuff (in the traits database) was not needed at this time.

If you like Terragen, there are some pretty cool tutorials and a couple of nifty addons that allow you to import 3D objects into your scenes.