Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2001, 01:02 PM   #1
Consuelo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have read of people going through Icewind dale with a 3 person party, so I decided to give it a try in BG. I'm going to create all three members myself. (by setting up a multi-player game and assigning all characters to myself)
I'm just wondering what classes and stuff should me 3 characters be? and is it even possible to go through the game with 3 people? or would the end battles just be too hard? right now I'm on chapter 3 and my characters are fighter lv 5, fighter/cleric lv 3/4, and a mage/thief lv 3/4. Is this party good enough to make it throught the game? I'm thinking once I get to Baldurs gate, I'm going to buy a ton of wands of monster summoning to deal with the tougher battles.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
Consuelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 01:54 PM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah, i pretty sure it is possible, ive completed the game with a cleric/illusionist gnome , though i have to admit i gave him some equipment from the start. Anyway, i think your party is ok, in Baldurs Gate mages arent as necessary as in BG2, steel is more important, so your party is pretty balanced IMHO.

And yeah, wands are very helpful, specially summoning and fire wands (fireballs are great), but dont waste them !

Luck !

------------------
"I´ve been captured... and I don´t care" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 02:11 PM   #3
Consuelo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

you made it through with one character?! how? and a cleric/illusionist nonetheless! he must've been only a mediocore fighter at best right? did you use a lot of spells and resting a lot between battles?
Old 06-10-2001, 02:41 PM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well, as i said, i cheated a bit coz i gave him equipment from the very start... that makes it a lot easier. Apart from this, i used summoning a lot (i even killed Drizzt without dealing any damage personally to him ), and wands were really useful too. And yeah, resting was very necessary when i run out of spells.

I also completed the game with a solo fighter, with complete equipment too.

I think these 2 games have been a little cheesy , so when i get back my game, i wanna play a solo game, no cheats, no equipment, just a solo game. I did start it before lending the game to my cousin, but didnt play a lot (only till beregost).

------------------
"I´ve been captured... and I don´t care" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel

[This message has been edited by Ertai_OHF (edited 06-10-2001).]
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 04:39 PM   #5
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Hey! Im just dossin about in BG playing a solo game with a character i downloaded, the level 25 Golden Dragon! Pretty Funny! I can wipe out groups of flaming fist (u know the ones that come when uve been on a rampage!! ) With one breath of fire!! Lots of work put into that download! Duz n e 1 know howw i can make a NPC?

------------------
One Day, When The Nine Hells Are Full, The Damned Shall Walk The Earth, And I Shall Conquer

"I'm sorry I called you Cannonball Head. I meant to call you Chrome Dome" -

[This message has been edited by Beaumanoir (edited 06-10-2001).]
Beaumanoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2001, 05:06 PM   #6
Consuelo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you mean make another person in your party besides the main character and other than NPCs you meet on the journey -
start a multi-player game and assign control of all characters to yourself, then just make the character and start
Old 06-12-2001, 01:42 PM   #7
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

No No No! I mean like how do i create like for example, downloadable characters for other people like the golden dragon!

------------------
One Day, When The Nine Hells Are Full, The Damned Shall Walk The Earth, And I Shall Conquer

"I'm sorry I called you Cannonball Head. I meant to call you Chrome Dome" -
Beaumanoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 04:20 PM   #8
Consuelo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well beaumonir i think you can either play for a really long time and get a wicked character, or I have an editor wehre you can edit saved games and stuff. there's probably trainers and stuff on the net though.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:47 PM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Dwarven Fighter, Human Cleric, Elven Mage/thief

or

Human Palladin, Gnome Illusionist/Thief, Human Druid.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote