Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2001, 12:47 AM   #1
Draconia

LadyZ, since we started talking about flowers, I thought maybe we could continue our conversation here. Then it wouldn't get lost in the flow of the Inn. I am trying to remember everything you asked me about my roses. I am not sure the names of my roses. I bought a rose bush that was suppose to be a red with yellow center and it ended up a different color. The first year it was a pretty pale pink, the second year, it was a dark pink. The third year it went magenta and it has stayed that colored. Plus, it turned out to be a climbing rose bush. Talk about shock. It's our 'can't make up it's mind' rose bush. I have planted all kinds of flowers and roses here but not all of them survive. Well, I thought this would be a good idea and maybe others will join. I love flowers.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 04-07-2001, 12:55 AM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Well I love flowers too, and we have so many beautiful flowers here on our board
Smitten by LadyRae
Old 04-07-2001, 12:58 AM   #3
Draconia

You are so sweet The.Relic. I am a rose, a rose with thorns.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 04-07-2001, 01:01 AM   #4
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ok, ok. I'll admit. I have a small knack for making plants florish. I helped my mother with her flower beds and gardens growing up and there is something definitly rewarding in seeing a rosebush bloom. I have had one experiment with the things. I moved into a house with my old roommate. There was this pour old starving, half dead rose bush in the front walkway. On the first week there I took some clippers to the old stuff, but some multch on it, and then just threw a gallon of cold water on it once a week. You should have seen the darn thing take off. Come June, the darn thing looking like one HUGH flower arrangement. Seemed like the more I clipped off the bush, two more would grow. Alas, when the season was done in August, my landlord, thinking the bush was too ungangly (I read as big and beautiful) took a weedwacker to it and trimmed it down to about three feet wide and a foot tall. I damn near cried when I saw it. Some people have no sense when it comes to plants. (sniff)

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
PartTime Bartender of Moon Hope's Inn
Dry Humor Deliverance of the Laughing Hyenas
Protectorate of DLM everywhere
Official Reader of Reeka's Signature
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
3 Man for Life
Friend to All . . .
Old 04-07-2001, 01:03 AM   #5
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Well every man knows that you have to take special care of a beautiful rose that has thorns
Smitten by LadyRae
Old 04-07-2001, 01:07 AM   #6
Draconia

AWWWWWW, BK. I understand. I would of been very upset. I have a hard time trimming down my rose bushes so they are really huge. I trim the dead branches and the dead roses and that is it. I love to see my roses grow and grow. I have one that reaches the top of my house and I can't bear to trim it down. Yes, seeing a rosebush bloom is very rewarding.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 04-07-2001, 01:11 AM   #7
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Black Knight I truly empathize, I did something similar with one of mine. I really let it grow and there is something very beautiful about letting a rose bush grow wild. The roses change in a splendid way. Our problem was that the neighborhood children romped through the front yard and killed it *Sniff*
Smitten by LadyRae
Old 04-07-2001, 01:14 AM   #8
Draconia

AWWW, The.Relic. That is so sad. I am glad that the neighbor kids stay out of my rose garden and my flower beds. My kids know better.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 04-07-2001, 01:16 AM   #9
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Draconia? You're back??? WOOHOO! How are you feeling? Better now? YAY! Draconia's back!!! And LadyRae does one of her now famous triple cartwheels... Ahem. Welcome back, Sis!!!

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 04-07-2001, 01:22 AM   #10
Draconia

Hi LadyRae. I am fine, thanks for asking.