Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 04:24 PM   #1
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The Black Knight, bruised and beaten from his latest battle vs. Evil, lets himself into the Estate. He steps over Lord of Alcohol, who is snoring the night away. “I wish LadyWendy would put her toys away when she is done with them. Especially after that accident with the last one. That’s what he gets for sneaking up on me when I come home from battle. I still feel badly about Tobbin. Oh well. Upsy Daisy, Lord of Alcohol.” The Black Knight begins to lift his inert body up.

A man steps out of the shadows and says, “Do you need help with that?” The Black Knight drops Lord of Alcohol and draws his sword. “Who are you? What are you doing in my estate? How much did you hear me say?” The man in Black steps out of the Shadows, “Forgive me, my Lord. I did not mean to startle. I was walking the Estate Ramparts, and I saw someone let himself in. I merely came to investigate. I assume you are LadyWendy’s Brother-in-law?” The Black Knight nods affirmatively. “Then allow me to introduce myself,” continues the man in Black. “I am Cervando, the Stealthy Assassin. I am LadyWendy’s . . . how did you put it . . . current ‘Toy.’

“What need does LadyWendy have of an Assassin? Are my guards not enough? What use is an Assassin. Where is the Honor in that?” rages The Black Knight. He takes a deep breath. “Never mind, I will ask her myself in the morning. Now, if you please, help me carry this man to one of the Servant’s rooms. We will figure out what to do with him in the morning.

Elsewhere in Amn, some meetings were not quite as happenstance.

Two people where in an abandoned beggar’s house. Or so it seemed. One man was a Cleric of Talos. He wore a Black robe and had no eyes. But he did have this aura about him that led you to believe he saw everything. The other person wore a Black Robe from head to toe. The Robed figure said not a word, just patiently awaited the third member of there evil party. The Cleric said, “Are you sure he said today?” The Robed Figure nodded. “Here? In this pit of refuse?” Again a nod. “Why?”

I’LL TELL YOU WHY, YOU CHILD OF EVIL. BECAUSE THIS IS MY LAIR.” Said the Evil Mage, as he stepped out of the darkness. “DID YOU BRING WHAT I ASKED YOU?” They both nodded. “GOOD. IT IS NOT WISE TO DISAPPOINT A SERVANT OF THE CAPSLOCK GOD. FOR I AM ACCORD, THE SERVANT OF JEROME, KING OF CAPSLOCK. HE HAS BEEN RESURRECTED TO CONTINUE ALONG THE PATH OF EVIL. AS HE GATHERS HIS STRENGTH, HE PUTS FORTH THIS PLAN. ARE YOU BOTH READY? ARE YOU WILLING?” They both nod. “THEN WE SHALL PROCEED.” Accord walks around the room. He searches the room. He finds the chink in the wall he is looking for. He pushes on it, and from the center of the floor arises a brick. He goes around the room and pushes on two more chinks. Two more bricks in the center raises up. The mage quickly steps forward and spreads a fine powder made from the bone of a lambs leg. He intones the enchantment in a language not heard by man for eons. A language that was unlocked by the tomes found by Accord in the temple of the CAPLOCKS GOD. When he finishes the simple enchantment, the three stones have combined into a staff that glows in the blackness. The mage touches the stone to the floor. It shimmers slightly and then dissolves. The Cleric and the Robed person look at each other quickly and shiver. Such is the reaction to dark magics. When they look back, they see steps descending into darkness. They quickly follow the Mage into his lair. He grabs a tome made from the skin of a virgin and waves his hand over it, unlocking the mysteries inside. In that same language on the pages of the mage’s book is the spell he seeks. He closes the book and draws a pentagram. On each point of the pentagram, he puts a black candle. He then draws the symbol for Earth, Fire, Air, Water, and Black Magic, each in a section of the pentagram. He draws the symbol for Life in the center. “GIVE ME THE LOCK OF HER HAIR, QUICKLY.” The mage demands. The Robed Figure glides forward and carefully extracts the hair from the pocket on the robe and steps back. The Evil Mage combines the hair with the dried blood of a mother killed by her own daughter and ground shavings off a man’s pelvic bone. He looks quickly to the Cleric, who hands him a vial of evil water blessed by Talos and a sample of skin. The mage mixes them into his bitter brew and carefully pours it on top of the symbol of Life and then with a thrice-blessed Dagger, draws the symbol of death. The Robed figure hesitates, then steps into the center of the enchantment. The Evil mage and The Evil Cleric chant at the same time, each working its magics. The air grows heavy inside the pentagram, and the Robed Figure starts to tremble, then rises slowly. The chanting starts to grow more robust, as it draws to its climax. As the chanting ceases, the figure quickly crumples to the ground. “IT IS DONE, AS PLANNED.” The Mage looks over at the spent Cleric. “YOU HAVE DONE WELL, MY FRIEND. AND AS PLANNED, HERE IS YOUR REWARD.” The Mage tosses a Staff to the Cleric. ‘BEWARE OF THE POWER OF THE STAFF. IT’S POWER CAN TURN ONE . . .QUITE LEECHEROUS . . .” The Mage’s evil laugh bounces off the walls as the Cleric takes the robed figure out of the lair and onto the street. “SO IT HAS BEGUN.” The Mage says a spell and the room returns to it’s evil normal.

STAY TUNED . . .

Old 03-08-2001, 07:36 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

oh boy oh boy! (shiver) scary....

This is, of course, your way of making us all sit around on pins and needles waiting for the next installment...sigh...MORE MORE MORE!!

StormCloud, Lady of the Black Knight

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 03-08-2001, 07:46 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Say, does the Caplock god have anything to do with the fallen paladin in the previous chapter.......Errrr.....do I have to start TYPING LIKE THIS FROM NOW ON??

Ahem.....btw, Jerome is back, thought I'll just let you know.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-08-2001, 07:50 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

CB - Yeah, I'm looking for more story including more of You and BK! I feel a storm coming!>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

------------------
Old 03-08-2001, 08:07 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

yes accord you must type in caps and i will accomodate the balance here in my post to you entirely lower case with no punctuation hehehe

LadyZ! WHOOOOEEE....I could live with that..hehehe...STORM brewing...

Geez, you'd think I'd been hitting the bottle all night. Just tired. Weird work day.

ThunderStorm

------------------
Storm-Queen

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-08-2001).]
Old 03-08-2001, 08:12 PM   #6
Ladyzekke

CB - Where is BK anyway? What, is tonight ping pong night or something? (just kidding BK! )

No StealthLove tonight! waaaaa!

------------------
Old 03-08-2001, 10:54 PM   #7
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
CB - Where is BK anyway? What, is tonight ping pong night or something? (just kidding BK! )

No StealthLove tonight! waaaaa!

Nope, just trying to Burn some Party CDs on my buddies CD burner. Oh and its Movie nite, so na na.

BK

Old 03-08-2001, 10:57 PM   #8
Ladyzekke

BK - Oh. Haha! Knew it was a "somthing" night!

------------------
Old 03-08-2001, 11:00 PM   #9
Black Knight

I'm a happening kind of guy, doll. Heaven forbit I just sit at home for a night . . .

BK
Old 03-08-2001, 11:01 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

There you are BK! Movie night, huh? What's the flick?

Oh, and nice job, up there on ch 6!

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen