Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2002, 07:43 AM   #1
ccannon995
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, new game same board. As usual, I'm running back here to get my stupid questions answered Here they are and thanks ahead of time for all of your help.

1) OK, I'm playing a custom class and have joined/worked with the Thieves' and Fighters's guild. Does this mean I can't get Sottitude's code book without killing her?

2) On these "charged weapons" (ie: icicle, shardsword, etc), do the charges re-charge or are they simply 10 (or whatever the number of charges) and then gone?

3) What is the deal with soul gems (with things inside them)? Should I be making them or buying them? How do I even use them and what happens if I do use them? (Can you tell I really have no idea about this one?)

4) OK, I've read on here how to get the sword of white woe from Balmora guard tower. Doesn't work for me. Dude always catches me and then subsequently makes me cry like a little girl with a skinned knee. Is there some secret to getting it? Invisibility or something?

Thanks all and I'll be checking back soon!
ccannon995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 10:30 AM   #2
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

1) You can (ironically) pickpocket it off her. But thats about it.

2) They recharge after time.

3) Soul Gems can trap the souls of monsters with the use of a Soul Trap Spell (mysticism). The spells traps the soul of the afflicted enemy within the highest quality Soul Gem in your inventory. Empty Soul Gems cannot be made. Whats so great about the gems is that they can be used to enchant items like clothing, armor and weapons or scrolls (you'll need to use the enchant skill of course).

4)Not too sure about that one. Was never really interested in the sword. I know some of the guys here know how to do it though.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 08:54 PM   #3
Ajia Mal'Kreig
Dungeon Master

On questions 2 and 3: You can recharge those enchanted items with the soul gems you create with the spell "Soul Trap". Recharging is great for boosting your Enchant skill and helps provide that critical extra punch when you run into crit's that do not go down in a couple hits [img]smile.gif[/img]

- Get Soul Trap or use the scrolls of Soul Trap from the starter dungeon (Spell is available in Mages Guild in Balmora and Sadrith Mora. I started with rats and mudcrabs because they were thee only thing that I could take a hit from when I needed to Touch cast Soul Trap).

- Cast on target and kill target before spell expires

- Quick Save in case you fail

- Right click to open inventory

- Drop filled "Soul Gem (Rat)" or another cheap filled soul gem on your character

- Select Recharge from pop-up box

- Select an item

Good Hunting!
Ajia Mal'Kreig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 02:10 PM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

we have some good threads on here about how to use soulgems and enchanting in general. but you will have to look through old posts since the search feature has been disabled temporarily.
Old 08-06-2002, 05:13 AM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
we have some good threads on here about how to use soulgems and enchanting in general. but you will have to look through old posts since the search feature has been disabled temporarily.
Hey slackerboy! The search feature is up and running now! It's a lot faster now, too.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 12:28 PM   #6
Elara
The Magister

Re: casting Soul Trap..

Ajia Mal'Kreig wrote:

quote: "- Get Soul Trap or use the scrolls of Soul Trap from the starter dungeon (Spell is available in Mages Guild in Balmora and Sadrith Mora. I started with rats and mudcrabs because they were thee only thing that I could take a hit from when I needed to Touch cast Soul Trap)."

Didn't realize I should cast it before killing an opponent. Have always cast it once battle was over to collect the soul. Guess this gave me an advantage, lol. The only time it didn't work was on the first few Ascended Sleepers I came across, but maybe my mysticism skill level was too low at the time?
Old 08-06-2002, 12:32 PM   #7
Elara
The Magister

Addendum:

When summoning a creature or humanoid, soul trap does have to be cast before killing the opponent to capture the soul successfully.
Old 08-06-2002, 01:15 PM   #8
Ajia Mal'Kreig
Dungeon Master

Until patch 1, you could cast on dead monsters and keep casting it on corpses until you ran out of soul stones. Hmmm, I will need to check tonight to see if it was "un-fixed" with patch 2...
Ajia Mal'Kreig is offline   Reply With Quote