Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-21-2001, 01:49 PM   #11
Artemis
Dungeon Master

Any thoughts on how the weapon limitations of the monk affect the game? I know at a certain level your hands are considered +4 (love that...hands are a deadly weapon!), but you can never use off-the-wall weapons like crom faeyr and what is supposed to be a major enhancement to flail of ages in Throne of Bhaal. Can't use some other crazy magic items either as a monk. Thoughts on the trade-off? Thanks...

[This message has been edited by Artemis (edited 05-21-2001).]
Old 05-21-2001, 02:45 PM   #12
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

power gaming is getting the best out of everything even if they suck in attitude or something else. as long as they get the job done.

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe
Old 05-21-2001, 02:59 PM   #13
Vampire

Try Fighter Thief multiclassed then dual class to Mage.
You alone can finish the game.
Old 05-21-2001, 03:03 PM   #14
Raze
The Magister

If your a multiclass character then you cant be human, and if your not human then you cant duel class (unless you do it with the aid of the ever wonderful Shadowkeeper (can you?))
Old 05-21-2001, 03:19 PM   #15
Raze
The Magister

If your a multiclass character then you cant be human, and if your not human then you cant duel class (unless you do it with the aid of the ever wonderful Shadowkeeper (can you?))
Old 05-21-2001, 05:01 PM   #16
jabidas
Silver Dragon

The monk dosnt really need the items(if any just defensive ones or a strength belt), bye the way i know i said its a good powergamer class buts its really boring later because they get to level 21 and have 3% magic resistance per level thats 63 by the end of the game and say the amulet of magic resistance 10%
thats 73 and in hell they get another 10% so thats 83%, dont tell me they cant solo mages now.
In addition to this they get quivering palm and with 4 atacks per round theres a very good chance theyll kill the other guy outright and oh yeah stunning blow so they can take out opponents piecemeal.Need i mention their stealth abilities so they just come out of nowwhere and whack one top spellcaster dead its sick and dull if your drooling at the closing picture of stats i must say its not fun in fact its just pinfully dull

------------------
Old 05-21-2001, 06:40 PM   #17
DeTRiTiC-iQ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Monks are excellent for just about everything, except the exp cap makes killing Demi-Lichs just a bit difficult without finding a nice weapon. Additionally you may want someone who can hold a shield (i don't think monks can) when going up against Beholders (ie shield of Balduran, i cleared out the Beholder City using just Minsc this way, he didn't even have to attack ). As a monk the only thing you have to watch out for are instant removal spells such as Desintegrate, Petrify, Imprisonment and that nasty ability of Mind Flayers.

Monks ==> Powerhouse