Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2001, 09:37 PM   #1
Tarinoc
Dungeon Master

Please, someone... You all have so little idea of the magnitude to which I MUST have the answer to this as quickly as possible: Jaheria is confronted by Terminsel. He asks her if what she did with the harpers was the right thing. She is supposed to say yes, and be rewarded a harper pin, but she says, "I don't know". PLEASE! I beg to all of you, PLEASE tell me how I can make her say "yes"!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:48 PM   #2
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

spoiler

If I remember correctly (subject of no small debate) Jah, doesn't actualy say yes, Termisel tells her that the harpers don't easily abandon their members or words to that effect. Then she and Termisel talk some more and she gets the pin.
Old 05-03-2001, 09:52 PM   #3
Tarinoc
Dungeon Master

Okay, but Jaheria acctually says verbatim "i... i don't know" and then Terminsel leaves! Jaheria then does NOT get the pin, and my journal says that Terminsel was DISAPPOINTED IN HERE and expected MORE!! WHAT??? Now you see my predicament, please please please give me some more information... I know that there must be something I can do.
Old 05-03-2001, 10:02 PM   #4
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Sorry Tarinoc, We must have taken differant paths to get there.
Are you romancing Jah? When the group of Harpers come after you & Jah did you tell her to stand down her weapons? I'm not a tech-o-wiz but there may be away to edit the game. Hold on I try to find someone on another board that knows more of the techno stuff.
Old 05-03-2001, 10:13 PM   #5
Tarinoc
Dungeon Master

Thank you... I really appreciate this. I've already posted on several boards and you're the only one who's even responded. I am not romancing Jah, but I did tell her to stand down her weapons... I just don't understand what's going on. Question though, does Terminsel visit you three times, by any chance (that is, including the first when he finds the note)? I followed a guide to make sure I got this part right, and everything went as it should have... except for the LAST part... Ack.
Old 05-03-2001, 10:18 PM   #6
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Tarinoc, sorry it took so long...

OK, what do YOU want to accomplish? Is the romance the big thing, or do you want to PLAY the whole "Harbor Pin"? It can be edited, I'll search for that in a sec...

You semed to have made a mistake along the way...

Do you have any saves that go back awhile? when did the autosave kick in?

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Phil
Old 05-03-2001, 10:19 PM   #7
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Termisel did visit my party three times, but I'm not sure it wasn't a giltch. I put the horn-dog patch (allows all three romances, I got tried of the fighting between the women) I was swimming in Harper pins, If I could give you one I would.
Rudedawg can help you he knows the tchno.

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 05-03-2001).]
Old 05-03-2001, 10:25 PM   #8
Tarinoc
Dungeon Master

I'm not worried about the harper pin. I can import one into my game if I just go find any of the millions of character/game editors. I'm just really disappointed that this is happening, because like I said, I followed the walkthrough I downloaded 100%. I don't have any previous saved games, and I really can't imagine what could be wrong. THE only thing it MAY be is that I'm not in a romance with Jaheira. All of this, the problem that is, is just my obsession with having to play an RPG perfectly. I want the pin, legitamently, just to have it, regardless of what it does.
Old 05-03-2001, 10:28 PM   #9
Charlie
Lord Ao

Did you notice that Terminsel is an anagram of Elminster.....don't help none I know, just thought I'd chuck it in. Sorry buddy, I don't recall the pin bit.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 05-03-2001, 10:30 PM   #10
Tarinoc
Dungeon Master

Okay... here's my thinking. All I'm asking now is if THIS can be the case. Perhaps, I've done everything right, and perhaps Terminsel is supposed to visit you three times. Perhaps, the walkthrough I followed misworded their discription saying that he gives you the harper pin on the second encounter. Maybe it is this that makes me think I've messed up. Can anyone tell me, FOR SURE, that Terminsel visits you twice with THESE events happening: 1st- delivers letter when Jah leaves; 2nd- asks Jah if she did the right thing and she says "I... I don't know"; 3rd- perhaps he returns and asks her again? Is this possible that I just need to wait longer? Could that be the case? I hope.