Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 10:35 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

We will start this thread with a link to the SoU homepage.

http://nwn.bioware.com/shadows

I know that this game will be released real soon...Some say June 18th, some say June 24th. Whatever.

[ 05-26-2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 05-16-2003, 03:47 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I wonder if Ziroc should even bother making a seperate forum for the expansion.

Firstly the board is very slow as it is, minimal traffic daily and secondly, unlike BG there's gonna be multiple expansions to this game. Maybe the best bet is to confine discusiions to the threads when it is finally released, that way it prevents confusion.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:55 PM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I just pre-ordered my copy today, and I'm SUPPOSED to have it sometime in the first week of July. While there will be many more mods created, it still has a basic campaign, and will need a forum for problems, etc...
Old 05-19-2003, 11:08 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am assuming that people that own the expansion cannot play with people that do have it...and as a friend mentioned to me...future patches may be designed only for the expansion-having people. If you don't expand...you might not patch in the future...maybe. Does anyone have any word on this?
Old 05-20-2003, 11:49 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
I wonder if Ziroc should even bother making a seperate forum for the expansion.

Firstly the board is very slow as it is, minimal traffic daily and secondly, unlike BG there's gonna be multiple expansions to this game. Maybe the best bet is to confine discusions to the threads when it is finally released, that way it prevents confusion.
Assuming that he will not be making a new forum for SoU would be mere unfounded speculation on my part, yet just in case he don't or is late in getting it running...then any discussion or questions to be asked about the game that pertains to the Shadows expansion would need to have the prefix of SoU added in front of the post...maybe like this:

SoU>>>Where am I supposed to go next?>>>Spoilers here

I guess we'll all just have to take it as it comes at us. Deal with it when we are playing it.
Old 05-21-2003, 12:07 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah sorry about that other post Larry, was more of a venting than anything else hehe, didn't realize we were confining SOU to this thread soley. Anyways it reads as follows:

Originally posted by myself:

Quote:
I'm in dire need of the expansion... I'm almost getting bored with this game, I need new spells, monsters and I wanna check out those damned prestige classes!
I even started a new game of BG2 for something to do, hehe.

Roll on, June 25th!
Oh and yes, when you install SOU the gamespy server you log on to will be the SOU one...everyone else will be left behind if they don't have it. For a time there will be a greatly reduced number of people playing online i'd imagine.

Since there are at least 4 expansions planned for this game (depending on how the first 2 are received) maybe he may decide to make a 'NWN: The Expansions' forum, cuz if a forum was designated to each expansion can you imagine what a waste of space that'd be, considering the slow traffic passing through here as it is?
Old 05-21-2003, 01:08 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmm...good point. A forum just for the expansions. I kinda agree. Especially since I know people that will not be buying the expansion, but will continue to play thier own original one. Still...it's as sad as hell to hear that we will be leaving behind anyone that chooses not to upgrade. I'll have to find new playing partners.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:50 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

God, me too. I've really been spending most of my time on the servers simply checking if ppl plan to upgrade (and hitting those who say no [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).
For sometime it will be a lonley and desolate online experience . But you know what? I might actually play the OC that comes with this game, and all the way through this time .
Old 05-23-2003, 09:04 AM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

A Basilisk has been added to our creature library. Although I am pleased to hear this...I am not so sure that I like how the basilisk looks. I thought that a basilik was more serpantine-like. Am I mistaken? I have never owned a D&D monster manual, so I have no idea, except from what I have been told. I really like the Harry Potter basilik. That suited the name moreso.

Please enlighten me.
Old 05-24-2003, 05:02 AM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah the D&D Basilisk is not like the Harry Potter one lol. That's basically how it looks in most of the monstrous manuals and compendiums, although with the added spikes it kinda looks like a dinosaur [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Didn't you play BG1, my friend? And if so don't you remember the Basilisks there - they looked relatively similiar. Really it's true look is similiar to that of a giant alligator.