Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2002, 12:57 PM   #1
realbinky
Elminster

What IS the Cane of Corpus? Does a Ninja do more damage with bare hands, or with a weapon, ie a so-so staff?
Old 01-15-2002, 01:23 PM   #2
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

The amount of damage a ninja does with his/her bare hands depends on strength and Martial Arts. The higher either of these, the more damage you will do. I would experiment with a few battles and compare the damage with bare hands to damage with a weapon. Personally my ninja uses bare hands beacause at level 20, I get up to 6 attacks with up to 3 strikes each a round. Overall damage is a little low but the potential for KO or critical hit is higher.

Possible Spoiler

The Cane of Corpus is a Faerie Ninja specific weapon according to most people is the best weapon in the game. Since my Ninja is not a Faerie, I have not tried to acquire it. In order to get it you have to either kill or PP a specific NPC.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 08:25 PM   #3
Elara
The Magister

My faerie ninja is using dual weapons and checking her weapon attributes on the stat sheet, she gets 2 hits, 3 swings with her primary (sword) and 2 hits, 2 swings with her secondary (nunchaka). In actual combat though, she gets two sets of 2,3 + 2,2, one set before opponents retaliate and one set after per round. She has snake speed (now at 47) which pumps up the initaitive greatly. (And she just got the Light Sword in Bayjin, yippee!) Since she is playing solo, I never did put any points or usage into Martial Arts because I wanted the K.O.% or Kill % found on her weapons to give her an edge in battle. She is now level 29.