Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2001, 09:23 PM   #1
Zorkwiz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For those of you who've finished the game.....

I just finished the game with around a level 23 party.. Checked out all three endings, and thanks to these boards I don't think I missed much in the game. I completed the three secret dungeon areas, went as far into the T'Rang/Umpani quests as I could (I ended up doing the Umpani quest to destroy the T'rang ship. I made all of the custom weapons/armor, cleared out the Church in the south east? wilds etc. There were a few things which I wasn't able to do and I'm hoping someone can tell me what I need to do in these cases.

1. Where does Rattus appear after you knock over the bank? I still have the quest and have never seen him again.

2. I became a Rapax Templar, killed Al-sedexus without her summoning any Rapax (They are still friendly toward me), asked Ferro about the Rapax king and have read that he appears in the wilderness clearing. I have fully explored the clearing, used X-Ray etc. but I can't find the away camp anywhere, any idea why this is happening?

3. How do I activate the lift in the upper Rapax Castle which would seem to lead to the Treasure room near Ferro's area? There are about 8 chests in there, half of them closed, and the lift in question (near the barracks area) would seem to lead there, but I can't find a way to move it.

4. Are there different endings depending on who you bring to the end? If I bring Vi to the cosmic circle is there anything different since she is of such vital importance to the plot?

5. Is there any use for the Umpani ID tags you find in the huts in Bayjin? I noticed Balbrak says something about his fallen comerades if you give them to him, but does anyone give you XP, (like Braffit and the Helazoid Banner)?

6. Has anyone found a use for the Pickled Trynnie or the Diamond?

7. Looking through the list of items on one of the walkthrough sites, I saw a few items I missed (probably in random chest drops or something) If anyone can tell me where to find the Ring of Stars, Ring of Power, Garland of Roses, Lyre of Cakes, Cloak of many colors, Frontier Phaser, Maenad's Lance, the Avenger, or the Muramasa blade, (sorry for the long list) please post locations in this thread.

thanks guys, and thanks to Sir-Tech for the best RPG I've played in years.
Zorkwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 11:59 PM   #2
elkston
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:

1. Where does Rattus appear after you knock over the bank? I still have the quest and have never seen him again.

I have no idea. This happened to me as well, but I figured his purpose was to tell you about how to find the Razuka. Did you read the actual note he give you? LOL!

quote:

2. I became a Rapax Templar, killed Al-sedexus without her summoning any Rapax (They are still friendly toward me), asked Ferro about the Rapax king and have read that he appears in the wilderness clearing. I have fully explored the clearing, used X-Ray etc. but I can't find the away camp anywhere, any idea why this is happening?

Are you saying that actually entered the Wilderness Clearing (i.e. the game said 'Enter Wilderness Clearing') and the away camp wasn't there??? That seems impossible because its RIGHT there as soon you enter. You took a passage from the SE Wilderness to get to the Wilderness Clearing, right?

quote:

3. How do I activate the lift in the upper Rapax Castle which would seem to lead to the Treasure room near Ferro's area? There are about 8 chests in there, half of them closed, and the lift in question (near the barracks area) would seem to lead there, but I can't find a way to move it.

Don't worry about that lift. There is no way to actually *enter* that treasure room. You can, however, get the items out of there transported to you. I'll give you a clue..did you find any deposit slips while exploring the castle?

quote:

No on the pickled trynnie, but the more I think about it, maybe you could have fed it to one of the animals at the Rapax zoo. I'm not sure what diamond you're talking about. You mean the Ebon gem you found in Marten's Bluff? You give that to Antone so that he can make you a custom staff.
Old 12-12-2001, 12:15 AM   #3
Skrewloose
Dungeon Master

Diamond - turn in to the lady in the bank in Arnika for a paltry reward.
Skrewloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 12:46 AM   #4
nameless crazy
Dungeon Master

Actually I am just halfway in the game.....
1)the ratkin robber quest is said to be bugged. Many people in the forum said they can't find him again after the quest.
2)the diamond is a quest item.Myles gave me the quest to recover a diamond for the Arnika bank. Give the diamond to the band lady (name forgotten) and she will give u 1000gp.Also an xp reward of 1000-2000 (not sure). But I heard that if u just sell it away, it worths 8000gp.
For other questions, I have not got to those places yet, sorry.
nameless crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 12:52 AM   #5
elkston
Elite Waterdeep Guard

oh yeah, *that* diamond. It had totally forgotten about that since it was done earlier in the game ....

The interesting thing is that I never got the quest for the diamond. I had accidently read a spoiler that mentioned that the bank lady wants it, so I gave it to her and got the XP points.
Old 12-12-2001, 01:12 AM   #6
Zorkwiz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I went to the wilderness clearing before even going to the Rapax rift, and there were just monsters and Rex, then after talking to the Rapax and becoming a templar I figured the Away camp would appear there, but it is just as empty as it was before the Rapax quests.. Noone else has had this problem??
Old 12-12-2001, 02:04 AM   #7
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

I read somewhere that they Lyre of Cakes was only available to imported parties. That is strange, though because I think I had a Lyre of cakes in my party and it didn't come through. Perhaps I had too many magic items.

Knarfling
Old 12-12-2001, 11:51 AM   #8
Elara
The Magister

*spoiler?*

3. the 'lift' in the upper Rapax Castle. Like you I thought it had to lead to something but it is just the lift that held the Queen's Key. When you stand on the mount with the red symbol just in front of the porticullus, the 'lift' raises up from it's nest to present you with the key. Had been facing the porticullus so I didn't see it raise up but heard the noise. Drove myself crazy trying to find out how to turn it into an elevator!
Old 12-13-2001, 09:55 AM   #9
Zorkwiz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'll be damned.. I never even questioned why the key was just sitting there in the corridor.. I must have hit the seal without realizing I'd triggered anything.
Old 12-13-2001, 12:35 PM   #10
OldBigfoot
Elite Waterdeep Guard

@Zorkwiz...(OT)

Just had to ask about your username. I see you're a student from Cleveland (I'm an OLD man from Columbus myself ). Now I played the old Zork text adventure games back in the early 1980's, but most students would tend to be too young to have played them. How did you chose your Zorkwiz name, if I may ask? [img]smile.gif[/img]

OldBigfoot
OldBigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote