Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-03-2001, 11:18 PM   #11
Moni

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Have Fun Lady Avalon!
Old 12-04-2001, 02:34 AM   #12
Bob McTavish
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmm... where does this dungeon open up? I've done the runes and dagger thing, but I can't find any entrances or anything...
Old 12-04-2001, 05:03 PM   #13
Moni

Hi Bob
You have to walk around to the SE side of the outer wall. If you've been back there before you place the dagger, you'll notice something "different".

My apologies to anyone reading this thread...for any misunderstandings I caused by saying "any old dagger" when I should have said "any old PLAIN dagger"

Great dungeon...great game! I can't get over being able to play it!
Old 12-04-2001, 06:15 PM   #14
Kinfyr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Like I haven't had enough bad luck lately but I can't find a normal dagger anywhere. There are none for sale in Arnika and I can't seem to find a battle the will leave me one.

As much as I love this game its starting to frustrate me to the point of tossing it to the side along with W&W and the Might and Magic series. Guess I'll have to go back to playing Demise, still the best rpg made (bugs and all) that unfortunately no-one has ever heard of.
Kinfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 08:55 AM   #15
Elara
The Magister

Yes, we had to trudge all the way back to Burz in the Monastery to get a plain dagger. While there, we bought him out of plain every other type of weapon he had, thinking to try them on the other two rune areas. Good thing.. [img]smile.gif[/img] Of course, as soon as we had the dagger and portalled back to Arnika to head for the graveyard, Antone suddenly had these implements in his shop, don't you know!

Truly, Kinfyr, are you serious about Demise? You didn't find it overwhelmingly frustrating to put a party together, outfit them with the few resources available at the beinning, head into the dungeon, get wiped and have to start all over again???? Over and over? Arg!! That game is total Ironman.. don't know how anyone stays sane playing it.

Elara
Old 12-05-2001, 04:58 PM   #16
Kinfyr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Elara, I'm dead serious [img]smile.gif[/img] Its the only game that has kept my interest over the last year or two. Sure I don't play everyday but I keep going back to it and will again after Wiz8. I use a 2 character party and love every minute of it. You do have to be patient and definitely don't go too deep to fast.

I'd be more than willing to give you any tips to help make things easier for you. There is so much to know about that game its unreal. Also the forum is a great help and the best board I have ever been to.
Kinfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 05:00 PM   #17
Mage of Mystra
Dungeon Master

hey, speaking of unreal, anyone play unreal tournament?
Mage of Mystra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 05:05 PM   #18
Moni

Kinfyr,
Sorry about your dagger hassles.
Rex had the same problem in his game...took him a while to get one and he was not very happy about it!

Mage of Mystra,
Rex plays Unreal Tournament. I always know if he is playing Unreal or Wiz 8...When he's playing Wiz 8 he's laughing and having a good time...when he's playing Unreal, he's cursing loud enough for the neighbors to hear LOL! Are you in an Unreal clan?