Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2004, 03:58 PM   #1
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

What is your favourite and least favourite city in the world?
My favourite would be New York and my least favourite, Reading. For those of you who haven't heard of Reading (pronounced RED-ing), it is a monsterous carbunkle on the Thames. It smells like a mixture of pure tedium and dogsh*t. It is full of braindead curmudgeons. The only question is whether it turns people into braindead curmudgeons or whether it just attracts those who already are.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:00 PM   #2
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Favorite City... prolly Rome. So much to do there... though Amsterdam comes close
least favorite... no idea tbh... maybe Vaassen ?
Old 07-20-2004, 04:38 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Favorite... A tie between Paris and New Orleans. Paris used to be in the lead, but Cajun and Creole cooking... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Least favorite... Don't have one, really. I could pick Allentown, PA, where they rolled up the city at 5PM... literally. Or Red Oak, Iowa, where there were two stoplights and four national chain restaurants (assuming you consider Dairy Queen to be a national chain restaurant). Or perhaps Napoleon, MI, where I got a ticket from a cop parked next to the doughnut shop (no kidding!).
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:18 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Fav city is New York City. Why? Cuz I'm a New Yorker and used to live just an hour away from the city

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 07-20-2004, 06:32 PM   #5
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Meg:
What is your favourite and least favourite city in the world?
My favourite would be New York and my least favourite, Reading. For those of you who haven't heard of Reading (pronounced RED-ing), it is a monsterous carbunkle on the Thames. It smells like a mixture of pure tedium and dogsh*t. It is full of braindead curmudgeons. The only question is whether it turns people into braindead curmudgeons or whether it just attracts those who already are.
Don't know how to break this to you but Reading isn't a city - it's a town.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 07-20-2004, 07:24 PM   #6
Arvon
Unicorn

Fav... San Diego at least years ago.

Least Frisco... If god were to give the world an enema that's where he'd stick the hose

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 07-21-2004, 12:02 AM   #7
Sir Goulum
John Locke

For the ones I've been to, Vancouver is my favourite. Grande Prairie is my least favorite, but Edmonton is near the bottom too.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:48 AM   #8
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Favorite is definately my home city, San Diego. I haven't really been to a bad city...I guess most parts of LA. Some of them are so ghetto it takes guts to get out of the car [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 02:54 AM   #9
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Christchurch is my fave that I seen, don't really have a least favorite city as such... lots of backwater towns that I wouldn't want to live in but I dunno...
Old 07-21-2004, 03:16 AM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Favorite city is prolly Chicago, which is the best livable city I've seen amongst the big cities of the world. Of course, I currently live in a down-town highrise and will soon move to a down-town townhouse, so I admit being jaded. San Fran is also a great big city to live in, if you can tolerate the traffic, as it is a short way from being in some nice scenic mountain/forest/ocean/beach terrain, and the great weather. Don't get me wrong, from April to September Chicago sports some great weather.

Least favorite decent-sized city is prolly Syracuse, NY. Dirty, declining, run-down, the typical former rust-belt and industrial-belt problems.

I don't go into the numerous small towns you folks likely would not recognize, but the QOL in such towns varies greatly.