Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-28-2002, 08:18 PM   #1
Pangur Ban

Over 35,000 people.
Over 50 acts over 6 stages, including New Order and Prodigy
Over priced food.
Waaay overpriced drinks.

And hell ??

Regular patrons of the Royal Melbourne Showground, the venue for BDO, have long agreed that the toilet facilites were built in the late 16th century. ( In fact, long before Australia was even settled ). Yesterday, at the Big Day Out, it appeared as if they hadn't been **cleaned** since the late 16th century. I've never seen ( or smelt ) anything so disgusting in my life !!
[img]graemlins/2puke.gif[/img]

Hey Mem, how was the Sydney Big Day Out ??
Old 01-28-2002, 08:36 PM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Auckland BDO was FANTASTIC!!!!!
System of a Down had the best mosh I have ever seen (and I've been to the BDO for the last four years)
I don't think there was a single bad act all day. We don't have the problem of old loos, just a lack of loos in general (chicks had to use the guys loos cause they were taking too long in their own ones; you shoulda seen the amount of guys that wouldn't use the urinal while there was a girl waiting in line just behind them, I mean what have they got to hide?)
My biggest problem of the day came at the end when I had to choose between seeing Prodigy or Dave Clarke.
IMO they need 4 BDO's a year!

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Downunda ]

Old 01-28-2002, 09:09 PM   #3
Pangur Ban

quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:

IMO they need 4 BDO's a year!

4 BDO's a year ?? Great Cthulhu !! I don't think I could cope. This was my first - and I've got the rest of the week off to recover.

Yah, System of a Down were awesome -- but in Melb I think it was Grinspoon that had the better mosh. I admired those who were surfing the crowd in an inflatable rubber raft.

The acts - Silverchair were a disappointment. IMHO, lack of talent cannot be compensated for an increase of volume !!

They were also wayyy short of loos in Melb, as well. Maybe this is a prerequesite for a BDO?

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Pangur Ban ]

Old 01-28-2002, 11:07 PM   #4
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LMAO!! Pre-requisit??? hehe.... the BDO organizing commitee:

P1: Hmmm... 35000 people are gonna b here this year.
P2: yeh...and we should probably have about 1 dunny for each 50 people.
P3: Yep.... that would mean we want about 7000 shiters.
P1: Ok then.... we'll give em 20.

[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Ive neva got the chance to go to a BDO, living about 500km's away from both Adelaide and Melbourne.... di ya reckons its worth goin up there for???
Old 01-29-2002, 01:02 AM   #5
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I drove 360km to Auckland and I would drive 360 more just to be the man that drove that 720km......

but seriously hitch,drive,bus,fly or crawl your way to nxt BDO - they are more than worth it IMO
Old 01-29-2002, 02:43 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Pangur Ban:
Hey Mem, how was the Sydney Big Day Out ??

I missed it as I was up north at Halliday's Point on holidays for the OZ day weekend. Kicked ass apparently. The mosh pit was safer - less risk of getting turned into ground beef at the front. Some quality acts there too - Basement Jaxx, New Order and the Gurg (Regurgitator) were some that apparently stood out.

I also heard really cool things about Vibes on A Summers Day - held away from Bondi for the first time in ages. A lot more laid-back and chilled out. That was apparently VERY funky, cool music, cool people, love and smiles, Jamiroquai and perfect weather. Damn!! [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2002, 02:46 AM   #7
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Damn.

http://www.hughwilson.com