Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2000, 12:09 AM   #1
Melusine
Dracolisk

I have a question concerning the stalker-kit. Since Valygar is a stalker, shouldn't he be able to cast 'a limited selection of mage spells'??? That's at least what it says in the book. Does anyone know if he will ever get these (for example after reaching a specific level), coz in my game he cannot cast any spells? Or is it perhaps linked to the Planar Sphere quest as I haven't done that one yet. PLease answer, I really want to know because if he's just a ranger with backstab ability then I don't think I'd like to keep him
Old 12-04-2000, 12:17 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Funny you mention that, I was a stalker when I first beat the game and I never got any mage spells.

I doubt if getting mage spells would add much value to Valygar, most use him as a stealth tank or as a ranged attacker.

*yawn* going to sleep soon...i said this 15 minutes ago...
Old 12-04-2000, 12:22 AM   #3
Schnupps

You can just cast magic if you reached level 8.
In my handbook I could not read anything about the Stalker-Magic. But I would not worry about it, since even at the highest level you can just cast spells from the first three grades of cleric magic,which are pritty useless.
And just three per grade (at level 16!)

Old 12-04-2000, 08:00 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

No I don't mean PRIEST spells schnupps, I know that Rangers can cast those, but I need to know about MAGE spells
Read the Stalker kit description, it says the stalker has access to a small amount of mage spells!
Can anyone enlighten me???????
Old 12-04-2000, 08:26 PM   #5
Vlade

read the spells u have in your priest book carefully, Haste, Protection from Missles are NOT your normal cleric spells....but they are included in your cleric spells if u r a stalker

Old 12-04-2000, 08:47 PM   #6
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

I used his corpse as a sphere key...