Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker

Old 10-19-2003, 11:01 PM   #1
synbios1978
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm still trying to learn the basics of this system, and I was wondering how you made an herb in this game to use as an item. I've tried searching through the create item option and can't really figure out what settings make since in order to use an herb. Also, if someone gets knocked unconcious in battle, how do you bring them back (using an item and using a magic spell)?

Thanks as always,
Old 10-20-2003, 10:39 PM   #2
manikus
Jack Burton

for the first question, go to my site and check out the f.a.q. this is only the briefest of explanations, i know, but it's a start. when you have the editor open i recommend having the herb be located in either the hands or the waist, require one hand to use and be set to weapon type "not weapon". to give it healing properties, click on the 'magical props' button.

for your second question, rest of one full day restores one hit point which is all they need to regain consciousness. then they can use all the potions you want. as far as i recall, you should be able to heal them normally.

-manikus
Old 10-21-2003, 12:26 PM   #3
synbios1978
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Manikus,

Thanks for the reply. I had found how to create an item, I just didn't understand how to handle setting it up to heal and get it applied to a person. I think I'm finally starting to understand the AD&D system somewhat, battle system at least, although I don't know how to bring someone back from being "dead" though. I also don't know how much experience is required to level up, or how to do the level up procedure. If I remember correctly from Buck Rogers which had a system fairly similar to this one, you had to go to some place special to level up. Could someone please verify that for me, also assuming you do have to go someplace special, how would I make that??

Thanks again,
Old 10-21-2003, 07:06 PM   #4
manikus
Jack Burton

if you take a peek in the baseclass.txt file in your main dungeon craft directory, the experience tables are laid out for each class.
and, you did guess correctly, you do need to go to some place special to level up. choose the 'training hall' event to build someplace. (this can be part of a chain, so you can have your clerics go to the temple to train, etc.)
the pc's just go in to the training hall, pay whatever fee you've set up and train to the next level. i believe it's set up so they can only advance one level at a time.

-manikus