Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 10-02-2003, 09:52 PM   #1
Wolf Blade
Dungeon Master

*May contain spoilers- item questions*

Hello,
I'm trying to design a strong human fighter, but since there is a no stacking rule and so many different combinations, I figured I should just ask here, figuring many people could help:

I want my character to have items that:

-boost strength- I use the Belt of Fire Giant (get +5 strength)
-boost constitution- so I can get around 10-20 more HP (+5 con)
-have high universal throws- for fortitude, reflex, and most importantly will (+5 Universal throws)- unless there is an item that can eliminate mind spells (such as fear, scare, etc).
-have an AC of AT LEAST 40
-must keep the ring of regeneration, unless you can make up for +4 regeneration
-must keep red dragon armor- unless can make up for 13 AC

I would like to somehow meet all those requirements using a human fighter- I may have to change my alignment, such as for using a shield that gives a total of +8 armor, but I would appreciate it if all the above requirements could be met, without me having to scramble my brain all over again with all the possible combinations- I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
Wolf Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 06:48 AM   #2
apollo
Dungeon Master

Umm hi.
Most people think this is cheating. make your own armour with the toolset. Its pretty simple. The good thing is about the toolset you can make clothing with the quality of heavy armor by changing the appearance. i like to theme my character. This is how i did my vampire monk!

Apollo

Old 10-03-2003, 10:14 AM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

there are a lot of items in the game that confer immunity to mind spells, the greater belt of guiding light, for example. Side to Apollo, creating your own items in the toolset is not considered cheating, if kept within the bounds of what your character could reallistcally use. A lvl 5 fighter should not have lvl 40 armor, for example, and be immune to everything that you could encounter in a dungeon
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 04:27 PM   #4
Wolf Blade
Dungeon Master

I would appreciate it if you could tell me what items could help accomplish the task- I don't want to use the tool set
Old 10-03-2003, 06:12 PM   #5
Wolf Blade
Dungeon Master

Ok, after about 1 hr and 30 min of tinkering around with all the items, I finally came to meet my stats, except in one area, leaving 2 possible choices. I was wondering, between the following 2, which is better?:

1. AC: 37, +5 CON
-or-
2. AC: 40, +3 CON

Let me know the ups and downs of each, and which one you think is better (would having more armor make up for the HP loss, or do I not get much armor, therefore making more HP a better choice, etc...)?

[ 10-03-2003, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Wolf Blade ]
Old 10-05-2003, 01:01 PM   #6
ScottG
Drow Warrior

the 40 AC
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 05:33 PM   #7
Wolf Blade
Dungeon Master

Ok thanks!
Old 10-05-2003, 08:43 PM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I agree, the 40 ac is better. I could live with a few less hit points, literally, if I was harder to hit.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote