Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-15-2004, 04:06 PM   #11
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
The Pirate! - how terrible . 34 is way way too young. I see where you're coming from, Johnny, actually I told my brother about it and he said 'what do you expect? He's a drug cheat', but I think most in the cycling world will just be saddened at the fall from grace and very untimely demise of a true great rather than anything else. It's one thing to be angry and betrayed whilst they're still alive, but another to not be moved by their death at 34.

I remember three or four years ago seeing Pantani and Armstrong riding together up that really awful white mountain. I think that would have been one of the last stages he won?
Old 02-15-2004, 04:18 PM   #12
Link
Jack Burton

Well that's a quick change of opinion, Xen [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2004, 05:19 PM   #13
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

It took him a full eight hours to change his oppinion. hehe
I'm also sad for his death, I too cheered forhim. About his disqualification, I think it wasn't drugs but blood he was taking.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:54 AM   #14
Donut
Jack Burton

A phenomenal climber. To see him accelerate up a mountain was awesome.

But when I look at any cyclist today I have to ask myself about the drugs.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 02-16-2004, 12:02 PM   #15
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
It took him a full eight hours to change his oppinion. hehe
I'm also sad for his death, I too cheered forhim. About his disqualification, I think it wasn't drugs but blood he was taking.
The sad thing is that taking drugs at that time was never proven to him.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:29 PM   #16
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

The life of the "lonely ranger" has passed in terrible lonelyes.

His friend Davide Cassani told that he talked to a month before this tragic event and that he was "murky". That he wasn`t "he" but someone else.

Last four years the years of suffering came. It all started in Madonna di Campiglion where he was disqualiftied. Becuase he had too many red blood cells in his blood he was like a black sheep suffering from EPO. But it looked like that he has passed those trouble years when he was 14th on Giro d`Italia. But unfortunately it wasn`t so. Soon after he suffered from deppresion illnes.
The last week of his life he spent in the hotel. So he was lonely most of his life and his died lonely. Away from everybody. He spared all behind.
Why? Nobody will probably ever know and Pantani took that answer to his grave.

May he rest in peace!

RIP! You will always be rememberd!

[ 02-16-2004, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]