Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-05-2001, 09:54 PM   #81
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ace Flashheart:
Grrrrr... *Glares at Seph* What are we supposed to do he come into our bar blows it up and exspects us all to lie down dead. I'm not even going into the 'actually that didn't happen this did posts'...

The battle between Wave + Seph vs. Kfa has been going on for 2 DAYS!

I agree that endless battles are rather boring in my perspective, as I would have more fun with dialog...and maybe a battle or two here and there, but not with all the ridiculous spells like having infinate number of teleports and such. We will never get our story done with so much fighting that does nothing but attempts to take out/destroy the very participants of our plot.

------------------

Member of the OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 10-05-2001, 10:10 PM   #82
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~groans~ I just want to say that the battle with Sephoreth today was one of the most dreary boring things I have ever done role-playing. He blew up the bar. He kept saying his stone skin made him invincable. He casted TIME STOP and sent A BARRAGE of spells in my direction. When I finally got a hit at him he had an unlimited amount of healing spells. Waverider just agrivated me as he popped in and out healing Sephoreth without actually partaking in the battle. In my humble opinion IT SUCKED! I think we need some rules here for our friendly fighter/mage who claims to cast heal... I think a good idea is getting a roster, sort of like a stats page for everybody. Telling strengths/weaknesses and any special abilities. What Sephoreth did today would have taken an entire fleet of cowled wizards... I eventually got frustrated when we had 5 pages TRYING to hit him. Nothing personal or anything, but role-playing just isn't fun when you pretend to be invincible.

------------------
KFA all-around and official vice president of marketing.

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
Old 10-05-2001, 10:13 PM   #83
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Eheheheh and if you'll notice, me and Dieter Leafblade are both in piss-poor condition well this guy goes out unharmed? What's wrong with this picture?
Old 10-05-2001, 10:22 PM   #84
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

You are right...I was bored with reading it, and I actually could not even get in the battle, because my char. had went to the temple to pray. I don't like spell battles anyway. I am a fighter/ranger and have no place in spell slinging.

------------------

Member of the OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position)

---------------------
Old 10-05-2001, 10:26 PM   #85
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

I agree with you two. When I was reading all the spell casting crap Sephiroth was doing I kept thinking "Damn... "

------------------
Offical Bartender Of KFA

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-05-2001, 10:30 PM   #86
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am sure he means well, and maybe he thinks that we are ok with it, but man, we gotta change or either our key players like K. Spree or me will get fed up and move on to something else, or a Mod will step in and tell us to cool our jets because we are wasting space. A real dramatic story is worthy of a position in our archives...not spell slinging that never ends...

By the way...lets keep the story going...I may have a way to make it more ...interesting...

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)

---------------------
Old 10-05-2001, 10:37 PM   #87
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

OH TEMPUS NO, NOT INTERESTING! AGH!!!

Well, I don't want to keep in conflict like this so I think if Deiter will keep with me, (Gotta have my good role-playing friend.) that we could establish an average tavern free of avariel meat. (Sorry Deiter, no more popcorn Aerie) Thinking I could name it after my one wolf who went blind in one eye after being fire-balled in the temple battle. The One-Eyed Wolf. Hmmmmm... That could be a whole new twist to keep the story around for a LONG time. Especially if it's a full fledged tavern and not just a resteraunt like the KFA is... ER... was.
Old 10-05-2001, 10:49 PM   #88
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Sounds good to me.

------------------
Offical Bartender Of KFA

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-06-2001, 03:00 AM   #89
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Killing Spree:
~groans~ I just want to say that the battle with Sephoreth today was one of the most dreary boring things I have ever done role-playing. He blew up the bar. He kept saying his stone skin made him invincable. He casted TIME STOP and sent A BARRAGE of spells in my direction. When I finally got a hit at him he had an unlimited amount of healing spells. Waverider just agrivated me as he popped in and out healing Sephoreth without actually partaking in the battle. In my humble opinion IT SUCKED! I think we need some rules here for our friendly fighter/mage who claims to cast heal... I think a good idea is getting a roster, sort of like a stats page for everybody. Telling strengths/weaknesses and any special abilities. What Sephoreth did today would have taken an entire fleet of cowled wizards... I eventually got frustrated when we had 5 pages TRYING to hit him. Nothing personal or anything, but role-playing just isn't fun when you pretend to be invincible.
That's why I chose to let my character be disabled on her first battle in the bar... I sort of sensed that both of them would not be satisfied until they had beat the crap out of everyone except themselves. So, I saved myself from typing pages of futile attempts to injure them One thing, though - you guys sure have great stamina in keeping up the fighting sequences

Seriously though, I think it's a good idea to keep in mind what abilities each character has. And if possible, to list down the level of the character so that we know roughly the type and number of spells which can be cast (even in TOB, sorcerors' spells are capped at a certain number). If this is too troublesome, it's totally understandable and I don't mind it either way.

Oh yes, one impt qn - Has my character been an eyesore so far? I see her as sometimes lurking around, occasionally participating in different ways (ie not necessarily fighting). If you'd rather have a clean plot, do let me know and she'll stay out of the story.