Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2001, 06:24 AM   #21
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed:
People always say that looks don't matter...... but you're not going to go up to a complete minger in a pub, just to see if she's got a nice personality are you?

the one that I love, she is not the prettest girl there is. but I found her immensely attractive nonetheless
Old 10-04-2001, 06:30 AM   #22
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce The Aussie:
She's got to be cute and smart. thats about it. and it helps if she's not shy (if she is we're doomed from the start. Imagine two shy people just sitting feeling awkward.)

Hmm, everyone seems to think 'smart' / 'intelligent' is important. What do you consider as 'smart'?
Old 10-04-2001, 06:51 AM   #23
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

To be honest, I'd never talk to the most handsome guys because they often (with that I mean MORE often than plain people) tend to have a blown-up opinion of themselves (this is true for girls too)
If I looked for someone shorter than me, I would never find anyone so he'd have to be taller than me. Also, he shouldn't be completely ugly (you have to be able to look at him without wincing)
I'd need intelligence because I need to be able to TALK with people. I come from a family where we have a lot of discussions and I've gotten so used to them that I need them! Not shy, as I said I want to be able to talk with him. Tolerance and an open mind are musts, also compassion and understanding. And, we'd also have to share at least some likes and dislikes. And of course humor, the ability to make jokes, laugh and to not be serious sometimes.
Hmm... the list is getting a bit long. Maybe I should just get myself a personal slave instead?

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-04-2001).]
Old 10-04-2001, 08:23 AM   #24
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Ey Kaz! What's your height? Mabe we can talk this over.. I have intellect wehehehe

Me? FIRST AND FOREMOST, I always look for someone who brings themselves well. Second, is the looks, but I don't really look in to that. I look for women with sex appeal, or just plain appeal. The one that is charismatic and strikes the eye... intellect and better yet, wisdom, who the hell would want a rocket scientist with a messed up commonsense?

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...
Old 10-04-2001, 04:12 PM   #25
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

I didn't realize you could find a woman that is smart, beautiful,
witty, caring and attentive....then the $150 ran out and she left.

just kidding, I've been married twice and my first wife wasn't much
to look at but we clicked on the conversational end of relationship.
My next one was drop-dead gorgeous and I soon found out that the only
thing that she lacked was her mind. I was too distracted with everything
else about her to notice. Now I'm looking for the semi-good looking, semi-
smart woman who can cook. (I'm thirty now, that's about all that's left to
find.) It's hard to find a good cook anymore.
Old 10-04-2001, 04:21 PM   #26
Talthyr Malkaviel

I don't mind too much, as long as they're not one of those people who are so skinny they look anorexic (or are), I like curves dammit!
Another thing is a good sense of humour, and of course being able to converse with out their mouth flapping like a flag ijn the wind, I don't like people who only listen to themselves.
Then again, I shouldn't be too picky, I'm no prize catch, any qualities I do have, people don't look for, i.e loadsa women say sense of humour is more important than looks, then ladies, answer me truthfully! If you were in a bar, who would you chat up, your fave actor, say, I dunno Jean Claud Van Damme or Tom cruise, would you choose him, or say, Jasper Carrott?????

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 10-04-2001, 04:33 PM   #27
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

heh, remember Kaz: no matter how short you are, you cant be much farther behind me! im just barely 5 1/3'... dont know what that is in meters.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-04-2001, 04:35 PM   #28
Talthyr Malkaviel

Sometimes I wish I was a bit shorter, but then I remember I love being tall, I'm 15 and about 6' 1''
But since we don't really want a debate about height (or do we???0 I'll move on.

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 10-04-2001, 04:50 PM   #29
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
heh, remember Kaz: no matter how short you are, you cant be much farther behind me! im just barely 5 1/3'... dont know what that is in meters.
Hey Seph, Bahamut , I'm 1.56m that would be ~5'1". You would be 1.53m What? I'm taller than you? Impossible! *shakes hand* We are the short people of IW!

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-04-2001).]
Old 10-04-2001, 04:52 PM   #30
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Hey Seph, Bahamut, I'm 1.56m that would be ~5'1". You would be 1.53m What? I'm taller than you? Impossible! *shakes hand* We are the short people of IW!

Gosh you people are short.... I'm fourteen inches taller than you, Kaz

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB