Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 07-27-2000, 01:24 PM   #1
kdogrex2

Here's my question. I've allready beaten the game, but this is more of a general question. When using Haste (my personal fav' spell, by the way) in all the old, Gold box games, when casting Haste, the characters would be hasted, but would also age. Thusly, if you weren't careful, you could finish up a fight after hasting and suddenly have one of your characters die of a heart attack!
Is there such a limitation in the new games (BG, IWD, BGII)? There doesn't seem to be, but I am curious. Think I'll actually go post this question on Interplay's IWD board and see what the official ruling is!
Old 07-27-2000, 03:32 PM   #2
sibley

BG and IWD characters don't have ages, so they can't get older.
Old 07-28-2000, 09:18 AM   #3
Erekose
The Magister

the shortfall for haste in IWD is your characters get tired after the spell expires. Cheers
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2000, 01:59 PM   #4
kdogrex2

Now that I'm on my second trip through the game, I have only three characters (by the way, I'm not seeing a whole lot of use out of the druid. Might be just me, but they really don't strike me as all that cool.) and I'm hasting the living daylights out of them. They're darn near unstoppable. I'm in the middle of Dragon's Eye right now and they're only now starting to struggle a little bit. It's just *wow* aste and Bless and then whup some tail!. *Note to self, next time in Kuldehar, pick up magic arrows and crossbow bolts left at the inn.*
The Heavy Repeating Crossbow (3 attacks/round, normal!)is incredible, by the way.
Hey Does anyone know if a fighter dualed to druid can use the bow again once they pass up the fighting level? Reason I ask is I have a unique long bow that's basically a bow of speed (2 attacks/rd)and Between the crossbow and the speedbow, with haste, they can mow down almost anything that exists in the game!
Old 07-28-2000, 06:59 PM   #5
Wretched

As far as I know, if you dual a fighter to a druid, the armor restrictions of the druid class are gone once the druid level passes the fighter... but like clerics, the weapon restriction remains in place.

I had a little trouble making use of my druid at first... but at higher levels, they do really get some interesting spells.
Old 07-29-2000, 08:29 AM   #6
kdogrex2

Wretched! How's it going?
I checked over at TeamBG and they are still working on a convertor/importer, but they have a lot of other cool utilities.