Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2001, 01:21 PM   #1
Terchon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think the best items are flail of the ages and white dragon scales.The advanced Carsomyr:Holy Avenger is just like the old one: the BEST weapon.Celestial Fury and cloak of mirroring are great items too.

Spoil alert
The Best monsters are Mellisan and the final elemental princes and the guys at the final seal at Watcher's Keep.The final cutscenes are EXCELLENT,they ROCK,GREAT speech.

------------------
"Oh, a rock. How fascinating" Edwin
Terchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 10:08 PM   #2
Kitka
Dungeon Master

for my money, the best carry over items from SOA were definitely the upgraded mace of disruption, carsomyr, celestial fury, crom fayer and the staff of magi. kangaxx ring is handy, as are the cloaks..but not really necessary.

the new Axe of the Unyielding +5 is specifically *brilliant* to dual weild with the MOD.
the upgraded flaming sword Angurvadal +5 is nice. very very nice, even for a paladin with only two points in longsword.

all time favorite though..** ta da** is the ravager+6 (1 d10+6)with the serpent shaft. that is one hell of a tool. just like the githyanki sword (1d10+3), but with no save, poison damage (3-18 damage but a save allowed) and an extra +3.
Kitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 07:26 AM   #3
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I agree with the Ravager+6 and the Axe of Unyielding+5. Vorpal hits are awesome!

My favorite old item is the Cloak of Reflection (I don't use the Cloak of Mirroring, because the spell effect is annoying), but that's 'cause I'm "The Lighning Guy"!!!
Zateel is offline   Reply With Quote