Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-01-2001, 12:30 PM   #1
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

In the USA, May is National Hearing Month

If you have Internet access, you probably have someplace nearby that will test your hearing for free. Hearing loss is tragic, but very subtle. It's easy to blame others ("they're mumbling") or just raise the volume on our personal audio devices.

I am guilty of listening to loud music, going to rock concerts and clubs. When I leave, my ears are ringing. And, it has affected me.

In the last two years, I have been fitting more and more young people (my age or slightly older) with hearing aids. It's not tragic when it can be helped.

Get tested this month!

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
Old 05-01-2001, 01:06 PM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

What? Huh? Stop mumbling 'Dawg...

In all seriousness...you espouse a good message. I have trouble with low tones myself, but I have learned to deal with it over time.

BTW...did you figure out a way to transport those files to CB? I was curious if you used Net Meeting and how it worked for you if you did? I've always found it to work pretty well...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-01-2001, 01:09 PM   #3
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
WhatBTW...did you figure out a way to transport those files to CB? I was curious if you used Net Meeting and how it worked for you if you did? I've always found it to work pretty well...

RL got in the way, last night

I screwed around for too long in the cyber-party, and then I had to go out for real... heh

Gonna try it tonight, hopefully.

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
Old 05-01-2001, 01:56 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Good for you doing the announcement, RudeDawg!
Gonna bump this baby for folks in the US to see.

Bump bump bump!

CB

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-01-2001, 02:00 PM   #5
Epona
Zartan

Good idea to get your hearing tested.

I have permanent but fortunately slight hearing damage from too many rock concerts when I was younger. It isn't a major disability, but I have to ask people to repeat themselves sometimes. I don't wear a hearing aid though, it's not really that bad (actually I'm also very slightly short sighted but don't wear specs either - perhaps when I can no longer see or hear I will take the next step!)

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.