Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-17-2005, 06:17 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
saw this on Discovery channel, this plane is gonna be awesome, i have to get on it once it's airborn. I also hear the ticketprices will be quite reasonable, i was afraid they were going to be on a Concorde level, but i don't think the flightcompanies can afford to sit that high in the tree anymore.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:41 PM   #12
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Even though its carrying more passengers I hear that the seats are bigger as well.

This will make it more comfortable for the longer flights in economy class
Old 01-17-2005, 06:45 PM   #13
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
Even though its carrying more passengers I hear that the seats are bigger as well.

From what i've seen it seems every family has his private corner, kinda like big cubicles. Maybe it was the first class section, but it defenitely looked sweet.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:49 PM   #14
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:

Dont be to sure TDC, the seats will be very similar to what we have fitted to the 747-400 that we have for the pacific and Euro routes today. However because I only fly buisness class these days I can say that those seats at least are very comfortable [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2005, 07:01 PM   #15
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Q'alooaith:
they've got to sell about 100 of these things to break even. Or 100 more than they currently have order for.. dunno, either way not a huge number considering..
Airbus have announced firm orders for 139 of its A380 airliners. intrestingly 17 of these are for the cargo version. One worry they have is that Emirates have orderd 45 of those. That is a big percentage if they should run into trouble then Airbus might loose a lot of sleep.

Intresting too is that not one USA airline has ordered a plane. This could be for two reasons.

1) They are all near bankrupt and do not have the money to introduce a new type of aircraft.

2) Political pressure [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 01-17-2005, 07:36 PM   #16
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

I wonder if bush will consider this plane a higher risk for terror attacks so then it will take more screening and hours to get everyone on the plane
Old 01-17-2005, 07:37 PM   #17
Arvon
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by Q'alooaith:
they've got to sell about 100 of these things to break even. Or 100 more than they currently have order for.. dunno, either way not a huge number considering..
Airbus have announced firm orders for 139 of its A380 airliners. intrestingly 17 of these are for the cargo version. One worry they have is that Emirates have orderd 45 of those. That is a big percentage if they should run into trouble then Airbus might loose a lot of sleep.

Intresting too is that not one USA airline has ordered a plane. This could be for two reasons.

1) They are all near bankrupt and do not have the money to introduce a new type of aircraft.

2) Political pressure [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Actually your item 1 is true. But more importantly they have large US Government loans and don't dare under cut Boeing.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 01-17-2005, 09:00 PM   #18
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:

Dont be to sure TDC, the seats will be very similar to what we have fitted to the 747-400 that we have for the pacific and Euro routes today. However because I only fly buisness class these days I can say that those seats at least are very comfortable [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Ahhh, how nice it is to work in an airline industry .

Catch me if you can..
Old 01-18-2005, 05:48 AM   #19
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

mmmmmmmm, been waiting for the Aussies to get some serious planes [img]tongue.gif[/img]