Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-29-2004, 11:49 AM   #11
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah but the batterys is gone down so he only call us when needed as he is smart as me he get a plane home ASAP hehe thanks John for make this case "some" bright" my mother sister, Tone and i have a pretty hard time here! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thanks again my friend!!

Edit:

Last news The Germany have say they help us Scandinavians with 5 airplanes to help us home also with doctors and health personell wery good news indeed . [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-29-2004, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 12-30-2004, 01:34 AM   #12
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well I know good old canada is sending cash. I think About 4 million. But they need way more they will need equipment for clean up as well. Man the more i think about and the more pictures I see drives me nuts there is just so many dead people.

And Bot man I am glad your bro is all right.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:38 AM   #13
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah Australia has sent some relief efforts to.

I heard today that the company I work for has donated 50,000 to the red cross to assist with relief efforts.

Also Megabot I know that the stress of you brother being in the area must be frustrating but there is no need for the language that you were trying to hide.

[ 12-30-2004, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 12-30-2004, 05:23 AM   #14
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
Well I know good old canada is sending cash. I think About 4 million. But they need way more they will need equipment for clean up as well. Man the more i think about and the more pictures I see drives me nuts there is just so many dead people.

We just updated it last night to 40 million dollars!

At times I feel I want to jump out of my seat and run to the Airport to get on a plane and help out.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:28 AM   #15
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:

I heard today that the company I work for has donated 50,000 to the red cross to assist with relief efforts.
Wow, that's very commendible! Those are the types of companies I Like to support!

..somebody put a smiley face with thumb up in here for me please!
Old 12-30-2004, 05:29 AM   #16
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:

We just updated it last night to 40 million dollars!

At times I feel I want to jump out of my seat and run to the Airport to get on a plane and help out.
[/QUOTE]That's probably a much bigger help, most of all that money doesn't reach it's intended destination anyway.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:36 AM   #17
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:

That's the kicker. In most areas there are surplus amounts of volunteer helpers onhand. What is really needed is heavy machinery to clear debris, medicine to prevent disease, food and fresh water to prevent starvation, and skilled workers such as doctors and engineers to help administer relief. Of course, aid workers need money to pay for all of these things: distribution and transportation alone will cost a fortune. So donating money to 'reputable' relief agencies would be the best way that unskilled western civilians can help out in this scenario.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:40 AM   #18
wellard
Dracolisk

Qantas (the airline I work for) has donated a million dollars and free travel to anyone wanting to leave the area and come back to Australia. It is also sending free cargo for aid and seats for doctors and such.

The USA and Bush is doing all they can. Don’t forget the USA is a very long way away. Money and volunteers is not the problem but those items that Hiero said. also organization is a huge problem.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-30-2004, 07:48 AM   #19
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Qantas (the airline I work for) has donated a million dollars and free travel to anyone wanting to leave the area and come back to Australia. It is also sending free cargo for aid and seats for doctors and such.

The USA and Bush is doing all they can. Don’t forget the USA is a very long way away. Money and volunteers is not the problem but those items that Hiero said. also organization is a huge problem.
I wonder if it's too late to book a holiday... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2004, 11:35 AM   #20
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:

Also Megabot I know that the stress of you brother being in the area must be frustrating but there is no need for the language that you were trying to hide.
And what do you mean here??? What language? please explaine for me that.