Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-28-2001, 10:05 AM   #31
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

I don't know who the fifth bhaal child is but considering what the fourth one is they could be just about anyone. I wonder if bhaal could have turned himself into other creatures and mated with a dragon or something. This child is probably the end boss and is therefore probably even more powerful than demogorgon, if such a thing is possible. Maybe they're a demi god. I doubt it's one of the existing npcs though. Most of them we already know their family history and you'd think that Irenicus would have detected the taint. He knew about Imoen even though she'd shown no signs.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 05-28-2001, 10:55 AM   #32
Shadow
Manshoon

Whats a demogorgan?

------------------
The Black Killer
Old 05-28-2001, 10:59 AM   #33
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow:
[B]Whats a demogorgan?
Memnoch made a post about it that is called:
ToB New Monsters/Demon Lords Discussion - WARNING contains SPOILERS!!

------------------

Larry,
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club
Old 05-28-2001, 06:42 PM   #34
Tancred
White Dragon

Well... Sarevok came back to unlife to oppose your attepts to win your soul back. Is it possible, if you sacrifice part of your essence as caleb seems to think you will, that this will bring him back from Hell to fight at your side? As to why, well... perhaps he's prepared to aid you against your more powerful brethren - jealousy on his part, perhaps?
Old 05-28-2001, 09:02 PM   #35
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Oddly enough, Sarevok seems quite happy if you do the 'evil' think and turn Slayer on his behind. Perhaps he joins an evil party only?
Old 05-28-2001, 11:59 PM   #36
Lifetime
Red Dragon

A few questions..
How does everyone know about this Fire Giant dude?

And if the symbol of Bhaal is on this Melissan's armor, dont you think she might be the fifth?

And I thought Bhaal had a lot more children than 5. Everytime I see the intro I always think that Bhaal left a small army of children throughout the races, some of them that will realise their potential, some that might not, and so on. Like a hidden threat among the nations. If you people have read Robert Jordan's the Wheel of Time series, I imagined it to be like males who can channel..there are many of them, but some will never rise to greatness, others will command armies that will devastate the world etc etc.

------------------
Why?
Old 05-29-2001, 06:38 AM   #37
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

"A progeny of mortal offspring" would seem to indicate more than five. From what I read in the reviews, I was lead to believe we would FACE five offspring during this play, not that there were a total of five (PC, Imoen, Serevok not included).

But I have it under very good authority that the fifth Bhaalspawn is a giant miniature space hamster. Okay, maybe dubious authoruty...
Old 05-29-2001, 08:40 AM   #38
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I seem to recall reading somewhere (I think that it was written somewhere in the artists' proofs on Gamespot) that Melissan is *not* a Bhaalspawn, but the protector/guardian of the Bhaalspawn. I also seem to remember reading elsewhere that the 5th Bhaalspawn may very well be a dragon. I don't have any proof, but I think that I picked this up from the Black Isle boards when one of the developers was commenting on the Bhaalspawn characters. ???

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-30-2001, 02:10 AM   #39
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
I seem to recall reading somewhere (I think that it was written somewhere in the artists' proofs on Gamespot) that Melissan is *not* a Bhaalspawn, but the protector/guardian of the Bhaalspawn. I also seem to remember reading elsewhere that the 5th Bhaalspawn may very well be a dragon. I don't have any proof, but I think that I picked this up from the Black Isle boards when one of the developers was commenting on the Bhaalspawn characters. ???

I would bet my money on Melissan being a fallen planetar - which is a VERY tough opponent.

------------------
Old 05-30-2001, 02:59 AM   #40
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

MEMNOCH--->ahh.. what???

cant wait for throne of bhaal.. oops.. gotta finish my ranger quick, start a beserker coz i love being a fighter an, an... yeah!!!!

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...