Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 02-19-2004, 11:55 AM   #11
Celdemar Gold
Elite Waterdeep Guard

[img]smile.gif[/img] Boy, do I feel simple.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:59 PM   #12
motub
The Magister

To get back to the question (if that's OK )... could there be a Wisdom modifier involved? Meaning that Wisdom (or possibly Intelligence) is too low to be triggering the "I smell your evil aura" (or some such) response?

I also use the "remove class restrictions" mod for my Pally (who is also Chaotic Good)-- and iirc I didn't have that problem when she talked to the nasty child-stealing witch. It's been a while since I did it, but as I recall, one time I talked to her with my negotiator in order to check her wares. When she didn't have anything worth buying, I had the Pally talk to her, and suddenly the kid popped up and started screaming, and we were in a fight --which we nearly lost due to Witchzilla's area-effect spells (or those of her summonses). I was too busy trying to keep everybody alive to even tell who was casting those blasted Chaos spells. I can definitely say that we did not have to go asking around town about her to figure out who was stealing the children.

So I don't think it's the mod.
motub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 10:06 PM   #13
Darkreaver
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Magness:
I don't believe that you can become a fallen paladin in IWD2.

However, I do think that there is a Weimur mod that removes the alignment limitations from classes.

If Darkreaver really did create a CG pally, he must have this mod installed.
U see the the funny thing is i dont remember installing any mods for IWD2. And i am soo newbie that i have no idea what a fallen pally is hehe. Well thnx for the responses hope to stump some of u folks at a later date with an unanswerable question [img]smile.gif[/img]
Darkreaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 10:10 PM   #14
Darkreaver
Elite Waterdeep Guard

oh yah by the way i think it might be cause his wisdom is quite low i think its at 12
Darkreaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:19 AM   #15
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkreaver:
oh yah by the way i think it might be cause his wisdom is quite low i think its at 12
Having a very low wisdom means that your Palladin spells can not be used. Ive made this mistake

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:00 PM   #16
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

Good Lord People, the solution is simple...

YOU ARENT SAYING THE RIGHT THINGS TO HER!!!

be a jerk. NOT ALL THINGS will prompt a fight, there is a specific conversation path that will lead up to it, so dont try to be friendly. If something looks a little suspicious, then say it to her, and keep doing it until she's like, yes, i eat children (trust me, its really something to that effect).
Old 04-18-2004, 07:38 PM   #17
isis1995
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Did you talk to Caynara? I had read somewhere that if you find her first and then talk to the witch - that you would not need to use a paladin...
isis1995 is offline   Reply With Quote