Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 07-19-2002, 04:03 PM   #1
--Twilight--
The Magister

Hello,
O.K., just for the sake of discussion, let's say that you had to pick and choose your missles weapons. First, the clerics and druids get the slings (and NO reason not to).
Now, (1) what is the best: bow, crossbow, or sling; (2) which is your personal favorite; (3) what about throwing weapons (i.e., "Lover")?

If I had to pick one, then I suppose that I would go with bows, because they are usually faster.
I like the defender bow for character low on AC (fighter/mages) because its stats are still good, but I like Kaylesha's Bow over a few others, what with its speed and +1 dexterity.
On the other hand, you can get an unlimited supply of +2 slingstones in the game and can use a shield with them, but you don't have much in the way of special ammo choices.

- Twilight
Old 07-20-2002, 01:13 AM   #2
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

"The Messenger of Seth" bow, very fast

crossbow of accuracy or speed

Edleys sling

Well thows are my top most favorites for the missile types, i try to refrain from getting into throwing weapons.

Favorite ammo:

Arrows: Acid arrows
Bolts: lightning bolts (cant remember what the true name is)
Bullets: +2 bullets

And thows are my favorite ammo types
Old 07-20-2002, 11:06 AM   #3
--Twilight--
The Magister

Hello,
I loved the Messenger of Seth, but it seemed a little underpowered, despite the speed. Hey, what about the really good ammo: holding, goblins, fire arrows from HOW, silencing??? I ignored Daisy as a crossbow, but it actually seems to work out better, for me, than that seige heavy crossbow did....

- Twilight
Old 07-21-2002, 08:44 AM   #4
Finn an Ruadh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hullo!
I use Messenger of Sseth, Defender longbow, repeating heavy crossbow, miscellaneous slings, and as many magic ammo things as I can. I prefer the arrows of piercing & fire arrows & the ones from the Hand. Just started using darts & daggers for my new party; they get used up very quickly.

Finn