Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 07-21-2000, 04:15 PM   #1
Chimpy

I'm probably the only one who has problems with this, but does anyone know how to disable traps? I can find them alright, but then after that the guy who finds them doesn't disable them. So what I do is send one of my idiots to set off the trap and take the damage. Hahahah. There's gotta be a better way than that. Someone help me! I'm too incapacitated to comprehend the magnitude of the situation!!!
Old 07-21-2000, 05:24 PM   #2
Kameleon

Dude, there are three bottom menu buttons for theives. The cool thing is they are all hotkey'd as well. The first looks like four arrows pointing inwards and is the find traps icon, hotkey is F5. The second is the theiving icon and it looks like a mask, hotkey is F6. The third is the stealth icon and looks like a thieves' head with a mask on, hotkey is F7. To detect traps use find traps. To remove traps use thieving. When you use the ability your cursor will change to a new icon representative of your action when you move it over the target area.

Anyone have any luck in removing the traps in the last room?

-Kameleon
Old 07-21-2000, 05:48 PM   #3
Chimpy

Wow. Ok I'll try that. By the way, is there a site or something that tells you Icewind Dale hotkeys? I really need to know. Thanks for the help dude!! It worked!! I just tried it!! Hahahah, no more kamikaze missions for my idiots.
Old 07-21-2000, 07:05 PM   #4
Wretched

A site that tells you the hotkeys?

Dude, it's like an old saying goes...

"If at first you don't succeed, try digging the manual out've the trash."

The manual tells you how to disarm traps, as well as how to use hotkeys.
Old 07-21-2000, 10:22 PM   #5
Chimpy

Hey wretched, I never had a manual to begin with. My brother got IWD from one of his friends I think. I guess I'll just press all the keys and see what each one does. Ever buy a new game and they have that fresh out of the factory smell when you're reading the manuals and stuff? I love that.