Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2004, 09:02 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Did anyone in the U.S. know that today, homosexuals are recommended to call in sick to work today, as well as print a receipt off from their ATM (masking out the acct. #), and send it to...somebody in the state...I don't know who...

all in an order to force recognition.

In other words, anybody that calls in sick to work today will automatically be assumed homosexual by their bosses or at very least faking sick for the cause.

I can see problems with anyone who really is sick today, trying to convince their boss that they really did need to be off. I remember in school we had Senior layout day where al seniors were supposed to stay home all day. Of course it was counted as an unexcused absence, but to the seniors that wanted to go to school and were really sick, they had a tougher time convincing the teacher that they deserved an excused absence.

Well, anyway, what do you guys think? Don't this sound like one of those e-mail things that go around everytime gas prices go up and then you get an e-mail stating that on such and such day, nobody in the cuontry should buy gas to show the economy that we won't stand for it.

How many people actually do that stuff? How effective is it?

[ 10-08-2004, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 10-08-2004, 09:22 AM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Well I dont think anything like that is going to cause recognition in anyone except a few angry bosses, and I agree, I fell sorry for the sick people who are going to get some strange looks when they go back to work
Old 10-08-2004, 10:00 AM   #3
Arvon
Unicorn

I wonder what would happen if someone called for a Straight Reconsign Day?

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 10-08-2004, 10:06 AM   #4
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Well, Arvon, I think Sanfransisco could prolly runs as normal.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:08 AM   #5
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Stole my post, dear Larry.

In theory, it's supposed to demonstrate the buying power of the GLBT community and its allies. It *is* an official thing. The question is simply how many people will do it. At my campus none in my circle will be shopping today.

And it's not awareness day, it's a boycott... October is GLBT History/Awareness Month. October 11th is National Coming Out Day, and October 12th is Matthew Shepard Day.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:22 AM   #6
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

This has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of.

What good does it do not to shop and to call in sick?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Old 10-08-2004, 11:38 AM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Why is it being homosexual is such a big thing? If you are, then you are, skipping out on work won't do anything except make a decline in your paycheck.

[ 10-08-2004, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Old 10-08-2004, 01:22 PM   #8
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I wholeheartedly agree with the concept here. Homosexuality IS a big thing in the world today, Gangrell, because, quite honestly, many of the more conservative places in the world are now having to see in right in front of their faces---which of course leads to the power struggle that we see so much nearly every day.

It's just a shame that the entire world cannot accept the reality, because if they did, then the "awareness month" thing would indeed be unecessary.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 10-08-2004, 01:32 PM   #9
Stratos
Vampire

Darn convenient to have it on a Friday. Makes the weekend longer for homosexuals.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:36 PM   #10
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Well, my standpoint of it is, if thats who you are, then thats you, if someone has something to say about it, that's their problem. It's not an uncommon thing down here in southern Indy, so I'm not bothered at all by them. But my point is if you were going to have an awareness day, wouldn't it make more sense to have something community related instead of skipping out on work?