Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2003, 09:45 AM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Icehockey any day!

Plain and simple!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 01-31-2003, 10:01 AM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by Link:

- Dutch are by far better field hockey players.. They just suck in ice hockey...
Nah, the Dutch simply don't care about Ice Hockey. Besides, at least with field hockey we're serious contenders for the World Championships and other important tournaments. Used to play fieldhockey myself when I was younger.[/QUOTE]i seem to recall that argentina won the womens world field hockey championshisps a few months ago. it was a big deal as we defeated everyone (including australia, holland, etc). if we were as good in our economy than in our sports we would be in much better shape. [/QUOTE]He said "contenders", not champions, there's a difference you know. And you didn't beat Holland, they beat themselves again, by failing during penaltyshots (as usual). But since we're at it anyway, how long are the Argentinian women playing at this level ? Holland is there for as long as i can remember, and i won't even mention the men, cause they simply win everything.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:00 AM   #13
philip
Galvatron

both are cool! although there's less difference between goalie in foield hockey (like me) and ice hockey. I enjoy both but it has to freeze a lot before i play ice hockey
Old 01-31-2003, 11:14 AM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
both are cool! although there's less difference between goalie in foield hockey (like me) and ice hockey. I enjoy both but it has to freeze a lot before i play ice hockey
Why ? Icehockey is played indoors.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:11 PM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by Link:

- Dutch are by far better field hockey players.. They just suck in ice hockey...
Nah, the Dutch simply don't care about Ice Hockey. Besides, at least with field hockey we're serious contenders for the World Championships and other important tournaments. Used to play fieldhockey myself when I was younger.[/QUOTE]i seem to recall that argentina won the womens world field hockey championshisps a few months ago. it was a big deal as we defeated everyone (including australia, holland, etc). if we were as good in our economy than in our sports we would be in much better shape. [/QUOTE]He said "contenders", not champions, there's a difference you know. And you didn't beat Holland, they beat themselves again, by failing during penaltyshots (as usual). But since we're at it anyway, how long are the Argentinian women playing at this level ? Holland is there for as long as i can remember, and i won't even mention the men, cause they simply win everything.[/QUOTE]Johnny get off his case mate. Noromp didn't correct Groj, he elaborating and was telling us about Argentina's achievement. I was glad to read it.

Secondly why "take away the victory" and say things like "Holland beat themselves". That just sounds like bad sportsmanship. We all know Holland are fantastic at Hockey. Another team doing well doesn't take away from Hollands sucesses.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-31-2003, 12:14 PM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Icehockey any day!

Plain and simple!
Wolfgir, did I ever tell you I was in Stockholm when the Winter Olympic, Gold-medal-winning Swedish Ice Hockey team returned to a victory parade?

Sverige rocks! It was a good time.

It was just after the Lillehammer games.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-31-2003, 12:18 PM   #17
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Why ? Icehockey is played indoors.
Not so much in British Columbia but in the rest of Canada alot of Hockey is played in outdoor rinks or frozen ponds.

[ 01-31-2003, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Djinn Raffo ]
Old 01-31-2003, 01:25 PM   #18
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by philip:
Why ? Icehockey is played indoors.[/QUOTE]i only play it when it freezes and outside. don't wan to travel far for playing it inside, and when it freezes there are usually some guys to play with.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:41 PM   #19
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Yorick, i said that because Holland always seems to go down after penaltyshots, not just in football. It's getting kinda embarrasing. It has nothing to do with bad sportsmanship, it has everything to do with frustration over pro's who forget the basics of their sport, and choke time and time again in crunchtime.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:10 PM   #20
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Icehockey any day!

Plain and simple!
Wolfgir, did I ever tell you I was in Stockholm when the Winter Olympic, Gold-medal-winning Swedish Ice Hockey team returned to a victory parade?

Sverige rocks! It was a good time.

It was just after the Lillehammer games.
[/QUOTE] Great days!

Man, you should come and visit the best coast of Sweden some day!

And taste our sugary food, see the blonde women, wrestle a polar bear.. have a few expansice beers!

ANd of course, if you come during the right season, go watch the great hockey team VÄSTRA FRÖLUNDA!

Don´t eat the yellow snow