Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-23-2002, 01:16 PM   #1
Alexander
Drow Warrior

http://msnbc.com/news/784014.asp?0dm=V21FN

About time, I say. I predict staggering defeats for the Republicans in 2002 and 2004.

And yes, I know, I haven't been here in a while. Think of it as an extended vacation or something.
Old 07-23-2002, 01:20 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Thank God, thank God, thank God..... No more Bush in a while..... Yay! That'll be cause for celebration [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2002, 02:53 PM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

This certainly does resemble a case of "like father, like son".

Unless the market begins to turn itself around, Bush's popularity is going to keep dropping like a rock. Of course, most people think that the Dow average is the be-all and end-all of the American economy, which it isn't. It is, at best, a leading economic indicator when the market is functioning normally, which it isn't right now--too much concern over possibly shady accounting practices at large companies is focusing too much attention on the stock averages. Anyway....

I, also, predict dramatic losses for Republicans in the upcoming elections, both 2002 and 2004. Thier stigma of being cronies with Big Business will give them a black eye; however, I don't see the Democrats cleaning up, either, but I could be wrong. I see more Independents getting elected, especially since this is a non-Presidential year.

I wonder what stunt he may try to pull to bolster his falling number? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 07-23-2002, 03:04 PM   #4
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What is so cool about that?? He still have 47 percent and i dont se anything wrong with this guy in my eyes, so tell me what YOU could do better than him guys? since most of you dont like him i think he is pretty cool! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2002, 03:28 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Personally, I think he's all-right. At the very least, I don't have any complaints. I was just speculating about his falling popularity numbers and the fickle nature of the American public.

The only things I would do differently right now would be to scale back the military operations in Afghanistan (honestly, I think any sane person would conclude that we're not likely to capture bin Laden in the near future) and stop trying to construct a National Military Police. There is nothing anyone can do to stop the economy except recover their own sense of security; corporations have been using any accounting trick to make their results better for centuries and will continue to do so, so "shaky" investors should get over it.

Good times make good Presidents; bad times make bad ones. Historically, this is true. Many political scientists state that Carter was an excellent President, but he was in office during a really bad time (just after Vietnam, signed away the Canal, the hostages were taken in Iran, and the economy was in really poor shape).

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 07-23-2002, 03:29 PM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
since most of you dont like him i think he is pretty cool! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I suppose that's as good a reason as any. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2002, 03:39 PM   #7
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
I, also, predict dramatic losses for Republicans in the upcoming elections, both 2002 and 2004. Thier stigma of being cronies with Big Business will give them a black eye; however, I don't see the Democrats cleaning up, either, but I could be wrong. I see more Independents getting elected, especially since this is a non-Presidential year.
I predict you will go on a long journey,
You will meet a dark and mysterious stranger,
You will eat much cheese (possibly Stilton)
And In the End you shall be crowned Grand High Panjandrum of restrooms,
You rule shall by long and mighty.
and all shall hail you as lord of Soap Dispensers.

Old 07-23-2002, 03:46 PM   #8
Moni

LOL Melusine!

As much as this might look like reason to celebrate, remember we actually have to get through a fair election for things to change...this guy could very well become America's first dictator.

Old 07-23-2002, 04:49 PM   #9
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
LOL Melusine!

As much as this might look like reason to celebrate, remember we actually have to get through a fair election for things to change...this guy could very well become America's first dictator.
But of course Moni!

To quote the Big Dubya:

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Mark
Old 07-23-2002, 08:30 PM   #10
Alexander
Drow Warrior

In my opinion, he already has become the nation's first dictator, but let's not go there...