Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 04:31 PM   #61
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Wolfie, Gabe, I can't agree with you : this terrible thing has certainly required much planning and money. These mad people who hijacked the planes must have been on US territory for some time, possibly several months, and they have been able to board the planes with weapons. Plus, the fact that they managed to hijack four different planes speaks of long and careful planning - and internal complicity
Morine I not saying they did it over night but if four people, perhaps US citizens, get togeather. They plan the attack, choose the targets, get the info from the net or another source. head to different locations and seek guns onto planes. They were early moring fights and there less guards and lacks surity about then, at least in the UK,the whole planning could of been done in less then a month. When in flight they move to the front of the plane threaten a hostiess with the weapon, after entering the copit thell the pliot to fly to the airport near in the target zone. Once close 'remove' the ploit (theats would not work, Fly into the building and die or I'll shoot you, yer right) Turn the plane toward the target and sit back, the autopliot turns off if the controls are forced. The reasons can be anything from the desire to destory the goverment, revange for US actions aboard (Serbei, Isreal and a few others spring to mind.) or the desire to be fameous (People have killed to get it before).But it is just a theory.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:32 PM   #62
MagiK

Nice post Ryanamur

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-11-2001, 04:34 PM   #63
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
It is concievable that a hijacked commercial jet would be shot down, if it posed a big enough threat. The good of the many outweighs the good of a few.
BULLSHIT
Old 09-11-2001, 04:35 PM   #64
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i seriously have no idea why they would do this. the teachers at school tried to explain it, but they have no idea how the mind of a fanatical group in the Middle East works. they also have no idea of psychological tactics. they are obviously trying to scare us, but their motivation of something this BIG is something i cant fathom... why smash into the middle of a metropolitan area, killing thousands of innocent people, then crash into the Pentagon? well, the Pentagon was obvious; trying to cause some kind of disarray within our armed forces. but the crash into the financial center of the world and killing at the very least fifty thousand people is something i cant explain, and probably never will. i have no idea how the mind of a Middle East radical works either. i dont think that Bush would have caused it, because it would have been found out that he did, he would probably be impeached and all that stuff. plus, i think that even he has more sense than to allow a terrorist attack within his own country.

but what makes me angriest is the attitude of the other kids at school (well, most of them). they seem to think this is cool, and that they would like to go to war, and ive even overheard some of them saying that they WOULD, without a doubt, go to war if they could! they seem to think that the death of thousands of people, which may soon escalate to millions, is something enjoyable. and also, the idea of fighting in a war intrigues them. it makes me sick to see them so eager to throw away their lives without fully understanding anything about this attack. im not saying i wouldnt like to defend my country, id defend it to my last breath, but i also understand that there are consequences to doing things like that, and i would likely get killed. i only wish that most of the others shared that view of the world instead of thinking that war is cool and a thing to be enjoyed.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-11-2001, 04:37 PM   #65
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
BULLSHIT
If I was a general with the Joint Chief, that would have been my first order: " Tell the FAA to vector all aircraft. If an aircraft doesn't respond, tell us where it is and we'll shoot it down!"

That's the logical approach to this problem.

You are dealing with a National emergency here, not a video game.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:37 PM   #66
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
It is concievable that a hijacked commercial jet would be shot down, if it posed a big enough threat. The good of the many outweighs the good of a few.
it seems highly unlikely. they wouldnt kill hundreds of innocent people without knowing the intent of the hijackers. some people were talking about this earlier, i was quick to tell them something like this.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Old 09-11-2001, 04:41 PM   #67
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
it seems highly unlikely. they wouldnt kill hundreds of innocent people without knowing the intent of the hijackers. some people were talking about this earlier, i was quick to tell them something like this.

I hate to say this to you but they did know the intent of the hijackers: "Kill US citizen, disrupt commerce, disrupt the governement and the military".

Like I say: "shoot it down" it's the best moral way to deal with this. (however unmoral it is )
Old 09-11-2001, 04:43 PM   #68
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

but then again, once the plane was hijacked, about how long do you think it would take them to get it to their targets? 10 minutes? 20 minutes? and seeing as how they (probably, i dont know about much before the planes crashed) didnt know where they were exactly, a dispatch would be rather hard to shoot it down.

------------------

Old 09-11-2001, 04:44 PM   #69
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
My personnal opinion as to what Mr. Bush should do: commit. They (terrorist organisations) commited an act of war towards the US. IMO, the US should be entitled to a counter attack. I don't think that you should target only the perpetrators. Go after ALL terrorists organisation. The US government has a good idea as to where to find the bad guys. Take them all out. Send a message: "You have F***** up and we will gladly remove you from the face of this earth." When I say "remove", I mean remove! Use a couple 5-10 cruise missiles per target. Nice and swift. Don't waste your time targeting one group, take them all out. Do one tomorrow, 3 more in 5 days, 50 other in 6 months and 2 the next day. This is guerrilla, you fight quick, you fight strong and you fight when the other doesn't want you to fight.

Make it simple, you have anything to do with terrorism, you will suffer the consequences. Americans and Western nations have to think in Black and White to combat terrorism. That's not the way we are thinking. To blindly say that this is a cowardly act is showing that you don't understand your ennemy. To them, there's no grey... there's only black and white. They like it thought when you think in grey... that's what allows them to strike.

I know, I'm harsh... but I'm damn effective.
Effective yes but it not as simple as that, terrorist normaly do not sit all togeather in compounds they are in with the normal people, living next door to them working in serect. And any attack like that would only spawn more groups from the friends and relatives of those that died or just those that think such acts were wrong. No terrorists are like a cancer simple cutting it out would damage the surrounding tissue, you must work carefully in order to cause as little damage to the body as possible.
Old 09-11-2001, 04:45 PM   #70
G'kar

Quote:
I simply stated it was "concievable". The rules of who lives and dies changes in when people make policy concerning national security. I actually find it unlikely myself except in extreme circumstances. If a major population center was threatend by an Anthrax bomb on a commercial liner, I bet it would be shot down.