Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 03:32 PM   #41
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Hate to say it, but many people will do horrible things to the people of their own country for lots of money.

Look what happened in Oklahoma and he didn't do it for money.

Mark
Yes, but I highly doubt our President or his cabinet or the security people (govt in general)are responsible in any way.

It is possible it is a domestic OR foreign attack and we just don't know who is responsible yet. The worry now, locally ,is keeping the 'crime' scene uncontaminated. It's a HUGE area. The sifting through rubble is going to take forever and right now we are mainly (RIGHTFULLY) concerned about the lives we may still save if anyone is alive in there!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-11-2001, 03:36 PM   #42
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I can only mention that it seems to be some coincidence that president Bush "just happened" to be in FL when all this took place and that the airspace around the pentagon is supposed to be closed airspace.
Whether outside forces were physically responsible for the devastation, I cannot help but wonder what inside forces had a hand in the playing of a political game.
A game in which no ones lives but the very highest in rank are considered to be of any importance.

Just my two cents.

I am already "marked" as a radical in this country...why should I be afraid of speaking my mind?

Are you seriously insinuating that this whole thing is some sort of plot by President Bush? The WTC were destroyed, the Pentagon was rather severely damaged, Camp David was almost destroyed. The financial and military nerve centers of this country were horribly damaged, the nation is going to be feeling this for years. We may potentially going to war. And you're saying what? That Bush is using this as some sort of excuse to take over the country?? Preposterous!

BTW...Bush was in Florida for a conference on Education. Something that has been planned for months. So he didn't 'just happen' to be there.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:38 PM   #43
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
I don't believe I said it was the government...there are many radical groups in America.

Mark
Cloudy.....Please believe me! I did not mean that our Government had anything to do with it!

Mark

Old 09-11-2001, 03:39 PM   #44
MagiK

Your right Gabriel it wouldnt nesecarily have taken a large organization to do this, a small group of very committed people and access to the internet (for planning and logistics) could have done it.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-11-2001, 03:45 PM   #45
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:

Camp David was almost destroyed.

Huh? That's news to me. Unless some new information has come to light, that was an erroneus report.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:47 PM   #46
G'kar

the islamic jihad has condemned the attacks. Stating it doesn't support the killing of innocent people.

Old 09-11-2001, 03:47 PM   #47
Moiraine
Anubis

Oh my ... I just came home and watched the informations on T.V.

My first thought flies to all of you who have relatives or friends who have been hit by this terrible act of war, I know it is no comfort, but I can't say how much I grieve for you. And I can't begin to imagine the distress and anguish of all the people who can't reach their family and friends and thus don't know if they are safe or ...

Wolfie, Gabe, I can't agree with you : this terrible thing has certainly required much planning and money. These mad people who hijacked the planes must have been on US territory for some time, possibly several months, and they have been able to board the planes with weapons. Plus, the fact that they managed to hijack four different planes speaks of long and careful planning - and internal complicity.

My vote goes to the Talibans associated with Bin Laden, but whoever did that monstrous act, I am also terribly afraid of what will happen next. If the real culprits are found, then what ? Will it be only a matter of punishing the small group of culprits, or will it be war ? A mondial war, towards military people and civilians ???

And what if the culprits can't be ascertained ? Will they remain unpunished ? What if punishment is dealt to the wrong target ?

And even if I think that the suggestion of Bush being behind this, or at least kind of aware of it coming, is quite far-fetched, I can't help but feeling very afraid of how he and his government will act in response ...

If this had happened at the times of USSR and the cold war, with the paranoia that happened then, this could very well have ended in a world-wide nuclear war ...

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 09-11-2001, 03:47 PM   #48
MagiK

The plane that went down in PA was not actually close to Camp David(in a geographical sense it was closer to camp david than say New York but still)...I hike in that area on a regular basis, and I can tell you that no terrorist can get close enough to the camp to find out just where it is. They have Secret Service types up there with Machine Guns that turn you back if you get too close.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-11-2001, 03:50 PM   #49
skywalker
Banned User

There has always been rumors that President Roosevelt knew that Pearl Harbour would be bombed, but did nothing. This was so Americans would demand we go to war with Japan. (I'm not implying anthing, so hold the flames!)

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 03:52 PM   #50
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Yes it is, Bush would be too dumb to do such a thing.
Oh for gods sake...enough is enough! No more Bush slamming, please! This is reaching the point of ridiculousness. This situation is *NOT* about President Bush. It is about the USA, and how she responds to the threat leveled against her. If anyone would care to seriously(and I mean seriously, not just petty, small minded flaming) debate about Bush, do it somewhere else, and I'd be happy to join you. But this is completely innapropriate.

------------------
"That looks pretty fatal. I think you have to return to the Character generation section."
One player to another