Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 06:00 PM   #121
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
Alright... but thrust me, I'm not happy or glorify my view... it's merily a constatation (and a sad one it is). There's no way that We (the guys that suffer from terrorism) can solve that problem. Because, as you said, the only way to do this would be to nuke them all!

I was just trying help people understand the pure stupidity of this. For those who just didn't understand the why. Just read my posts and you'll get it!

It's sad but that's the way it is
Dude are you saying that you posts were Stupid, that Terrorism is stuipid or both? Cause I wondoring which I agree with here.
Old 09-11-2001, 06:03 PM   #122
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Billikins the Bold:
And you're prepared for the casulties (cos there would be casulties) and the resulting body bags? And another set of terrorists waiting to grow up and avenge their fathers?

All well and good in a video game...

Politicians don't care, they'll do what they think will make them look good now. If it means more trouble later, that's someone else's problem.

Old 09-11-2001, 06:04 PM   #123
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
To risky... use smart weapons... quicker, more effective.
but then again, ground forces are actually more precise. they can act on information they find, and if they find another camp or something, they can go after that one too. also, smart weapons are defeated by the bunker. with the right tactics, ground forces can take down a bunker with minimal losses.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-11-2001, 06:06 PM   #124
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
Dude are you saying that you posts were Stupid, that Terrorism is stuipid or both? Cause I wondoring which I agree with here.
No, my post were not stupid. My post represent the way that a terrorist would think (or at least how I would think if I was a terrorist). The bottom line is that terrorism,just like war,is really stupid and there's not way to prevent it or to cure it but to kill every body. Which is of course totaly inhuman.

Don't worry, I'm not a "bad guy" I'm a good guy trying to make understand the bad guy mentality to others.

Mind you, logicaly, ethicaly and professionnaly, shoothing down any hijacked commercial airliner flying over the US today would have been the proper course of action to save lives. It would have taken someone with really cold feelings to give the order but it's an order that should be given.
Old 09-11-2001, 06:06 PM   #125
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... much as I hate to admit it, Billikins, I see your point. Damn... I really don't know. *sigh*

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1:
Old 09-11-2001, 06:07 PM   #126
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yes Billikins I am prepared for casaulties. I am a former Marine. I have no doubts they are ready to go right now. They may not be called upon but I can assure you they are ready. A MAU is one of the highest trained units in the Marine Corps. BTW we are bombing Afghanistan RIGHT NOW BRB
Old 09-11-2001, 06:09 PM   #127
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Yes Billikins I am prepared for casaulties. I am a former Marine. I have no doubts they are ready to go right now. They may not be called upon but I can assure you they are ready. A MAU is one of the highest trained units in the Marine Corps. BTW we are bombing Afghanistan RIGHT NOW BRB
LofA! I am seeing that right now on the news re Afghanistan! You really think that is us?

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 06:10 PM   #128
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
but then again, ground forces are actually more precise. they can act on information they find, and if they find another camp or something, they can go after that one too. also, smart weapons are defeated by the bunker. with the right tactics, ground forces can take down a bunker with minimal losses.

Not within the next few weeks. They are expecting retaliation. They'll be waiting for you. If you send someone in, they'll make sure to keep one or two survivors to return home and act as propaganda... the rest will be in body bags.

Bomb the camp a few time over the next few weeks then, 4-6 months from now, send in the pros to cut the troaths... but again, that will not solve the problem. It will only rassasiate public opinion.

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 09-11-2001, 06:11 PM   #129
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hmmmm ok cnn said someone reported missiles and now theres a big fire in Kabul. No telling if we did it, theres anti-Taliban elements there too. So who knows at this point, I jumped the gun sorry
Old 09-11-2001, 06:12 PM   #130
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
No, my post were not stupid. My post represent the way that a terrorist would think (or at least how I would think if I was a terrorist). The bottom line is that terrorism,just like war,is really stupid and there's not way to prevent it or to cure it but to kill every body. Which is of course totaly inhuman.

Don't worry, I'm not a "bad guy" I'm a good guy trying to make understand the bad guy mentality to others.

Mind you, logicaly, ethicaly and professionnaly, shoothing down any hijacked commercial airliner flying over the US today would have been the proper course of action to save lives. It would have taken someone with really cold feelings to give the order but it's an order that should be given.
Woopss my bad, I meant the ideals within your post ie bombing them- which I think was just happened- were stupided Ideals.
But I have to say shooting the planes down would of been the right course, but it would of only work if there was a warning and if they weren't over a city at the time.