Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 10:31 PM   #1
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Somebody below said about leaving Yoshimo's heart to rot.... I nearly CRIED when he had to die, (and I carry his heart still, till I can get it to a Temple....) He was the BEST thief out! Imoen is utter rubbish in comparison, and she can't advance as a Thief, either! :-{
F.
Old 03-12-2001, 10:34 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
The bottom line is, Yoshi is a traitor, Imoen is your sister.

Besides, Imoen is a dual class thief/mage, which is a pretty decent class if you develop her right.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-12-2001, 10:49 PM   #3
Sentinel04
The Magister

I, too, thought Yoshimo was great. It really pissed me off when he betrayed us...

IMHO Imoen isn't squat in comparison. She's a weak thief and caster. I probably didn't develop her correctly, but I do my best with her. And she still sucks...
Old 03-12-2001, 10:54 PM   #4
Fljotsdale

Yeah, I know! Heaven forfend that I should abandon Imoen! But Yoshimo was a MUCH better Thief!
And Imoen & Aerie are not very GOOD Mages, are they? Dual class characters take such a long time to level up! My Principle in this my first game is a single-class Priest of Lathander with 18 wisdom and she is VERY useful - but I intend to play a Sorcerer next time (mainly to get a Familiar, but also 'cos you get more than one use of a spell and don't have to memorise it!)
Have you played a Sorcerer? If so, what did you think of the class?
F.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:19 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Actually multi-characters like Aerie takes longer to level up than dual-characters like Imoen, since multi-character's experience are split evenly between the two classes. The problem with Imoen is that you get her relatively low experience in the middle (to middle-last) part of the game, meaning she missed out on a lot of the actions. With that said, however, dual thief/mages like Nalia and Imoen can develop up to the max mage level the exp cap allow, which is level 17, which is a point that you cannot overlook.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-12-2001, 11:23 PM   #6
Charlie
Lord Ao

Aerie will develop into a really good mage, I used her right through. Yoshimo can be kept in the party to the end of the game but you will miss a little of the plot and some xp....I kept him in my party to the end as he's the only decent thief in the game. (I can't stand the turnip bloke.) With hindsight though I think it's best to go with the game properly rather than work towards keeping Yoshi'.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:23 PM   #7
Fljotsdale

Hmm. Yes, worth considering! It is because she is low in comparison to the rest. But I DO miss Yoshimo's skills!
F.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:39 PM   #8
deverece
Dungeon Master

Yoshimo is the best thief legally available. He also is not a traitor, before he joined the group he had a geas put on him. A very nasty type of mental and physical control. I believe he had no choice.

------------------
Dying ain't much of a living, boy.
- Josey Wales
Old 03-12-2001, 11:41 PM   #9
Malecite
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It is SUCH a pain when Yoshi leaves i mean sure you get Imoen but what about all the time I spent on Yoshimo. I love his traps as when you get them high enough they do some pretty cool things like maze or paralyze ect. Overall hes a kick as@ theif and I was sad to see him die.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:44 PM   #10
deverece
Dungeon Master

Yo Charlie, how can you keep Yoshi? In my game he has to die.