Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2001, 11:42 AM   #1
Piles
Elite Waterdeep Guard

how important is it to get the dragon armor from freyedies. I left the stout mines after i stole all the treasure and now when i go back the guard always thinks i want to leave. So, i was just hoping to be reassured that the armor isnt important so i can move with a clear conscience.
Piles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 11:43 AM   #2
Piles
Elite Waterdeep Guard

sorry about the double post.
Old 07-22-2001, 11:55 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Piles!!!

The armor is pretty important - you need it to get past the Bronze Dragon in the Dragon Spire. Do you have a save game which you can reload from before all this happening??
I'm a little concerned about what is happening with your saved game - stealing the treasure should not make the guard think you just want to leave - lots of players have stolen the treasure without this happening. Did you exit the mine after stealing the treasure in the normal manner or did you use a Call of Home or Teleport spell??

Now - there is still a solution even if you cannot restore your game. I can hack you a Dragon Armor - email me.

I'll take care of the double post too! ;D

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 01:00 PM   #4
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

Did you get the Key that Freydies Drops There is Armor in the Treasuy right next to in the Throne Room Its on the Left Wall when you enter up by the Throne
Loumistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 02:04 PM   #5
Piles
Elite Waterdeep Guard

as a matter of fact i did get that armor and i had no clue that it was "dragon" armor until now. I simply assumed i had to get the ore and have Freyedies make it. I also guess that my getting the armor is the same reason i cant go back in. Well as always the kindness and knowledge on this board impresses me, thank you all.
Old 07-22-2001, 02:19 PM   #6
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

For future players with this problem.

You might be locked out of the stout mines if you return after getting out once. The entrance guard just tells you "I'm letting you out now" and won't let you back in.

If that's the case (BTW: it happens to me all the time), just give him the scroll and rush out the doors before the dungeon loads. This resets the doors about half the time I tried it. Go back in, give the scroll to the guard and you should now be able to enter the mines.

If that doesn't work and you don't have the dragon armor. Make sure you learn "Vanish" before the Spire. You can get past the Bronze beast by vanishing. If you're lucky, it will take you to the top of the slope (big thanks to Saz for this one).

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 07-22-2001).]
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 05:10 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

I use the following method. Give the permit to the guard and run to the correct door (you'll be given the permit back even if you do not stand at the guard directly). Now, wait and let the guard open the doors chaotically (a bug in the game). In the end, the guard opens your door. Run through immediately. Throw away all copies of the permit you gained in the meantime except one (every time the guard opens the door, you get a new copy of the permit so that you can collect many of them while waiting for your door).
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote