Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-03-2001, 08:36 PM   #1
Erad

I had v3 for about a year, before I finally bought myself a brand new GeForce 2 ULTRA (my cash, my caaaaash ), and I have played w&w on both.Here are my thoughts:

1)I had a very screwed up graphic on voodoo text was strange, graphics VEEEERY pixelized, and it looked just ugly.
2)On GF 2, graphics and text are soooo sharp that I cant stop looking at them (and here comes the problem).After some time, the graphics reset to what I saw on v3.The same problems (text, pixels..).The only cure for it is to quit the game, and come back (quit the whole game), or, alt-tab out of it.It also helps, but then ......you ppl know how the world looks like when you alt-tabbed out ,dont ya?I bet everyone checked that at least once, heh.

Now, my question is:Is it normal or its just my comp?

PS, I beated that game yesterday at 6 am, after 8 hours of non-stop playing (was worth it), got myslef a valkyrie, and a zenmaster.NOW WHAT?I have finished EVERY quest in this game, so its pointless to go on.So I went back to Valeia, made myslef a new char (wizard) ,went waay back to brimloch, trained wizard to lvl 20, chancged him to ninja, trained ninja to lvl 15, and then I made him a zenmaster and restarted the whole game Now I play with a team of:

1 Zenmaster
1 Warrior--oon-to-be-Barbarian
1 Priest--soon-to-be-Paladin
1 Rogue--bla-bla-bla-Ninja-assasin

Of course , the zenmaster does all the dirty work

Erad
Old 01-03-2001, 09:33 PM   #2
Gauleiter

I've got GF2, I get the same gradual decay of graphics... I play for a while, then the picture begins to decay, the mouse moves slowly, the enemies jerk about the screen, etc., just like after ALT-TABing.

The solution? I switched to software mode The gfx are pretty much the same as running under GF2 (in fact, I can see no difference at all...), but there's no decay after time -- I can leave the game running for DAYS straight, which I often do since that Windows comp is used for nothing but gaming, without graphics problems.

SO SWITCH TO SOFTWARE!
Old 01-03-2001, 10:29 PM   #3
Erad

Hey, it works
And You were right, everything looks the same.Then why they implanted the hardware acceleration anyway????

Erad
Old 01-03-2001, 11:00 PM   #4
Gauleiter

Why use hardware acceleration? Same reason you'd ever use it: to take some of the hardcore math load off of the CPU. That's what 3D cards are for, to help graphic-intense games run smoothly on lower end machines.

But that comp is a P3 866, and most games don't slow down when running software mode (if they even /have/ a software mode); then again, this is the first game I've had trouble with on the GF2, so I almost always run hardware...

Whatever; 3D cards aren't generally supposed to "improve" the look of the gfx, but rather speed up the game's performance.