Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2001, 06:36 PM   #1
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

ok then. ive often heard you tell about 'permanently banning' someone even when they have the proper utilities to override an IP ban. How is this done? i would like to know since i also run a forum, albiet much smaller than IW, and we have about 4 troublemakers who just won't leave! me and my fellow mods have tried name bas, ip bans, but nothing works! is there a way to keep them off? thanks in advance, even if i dont get help.
Old 11-09-2001, 08:59 AM   #2
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
ok then. ive often heard you tell about 'permanently banning' someone even when they have the proper utilities to override an IP ban. How is this done? i would like to know since i also run a forum, albiet much smaller than IW, and we have about 4 troublemakers who just won't leave! me and my fellow mods have tried name bas, ip bans, but nothing works! is there a way to keep them off? thanks in advance, even if i dont get help.

This would be a bump for Judd.
Old 11-09-2001, 09:13 AM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

another bump for Z [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 11-09-2001, 10:21 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:

Not all forums have the ability to ban by IP. UBBs can ban by IP or in extreme cases, by IP subnet. If your troublemakers are constantly changing IP addresses then it might prove difficult to dislodge them. Best to report them to their ISP (your tracing software should have this facility unless you're using a really basic forum).

Old 11-09-2001, 01:02 PM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

Also: remember, Seph, that there are indeed programs to get a new IP-number. They could be using that...

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 11-09-2001, 01:10 PM   #6
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Not all forums have the ability to ban by IP. UBBs can ban by IP or in extreme cases, by IP subnet. If your troublemakers are constantly changing IP addresses then it might prove difficult to dislodge them. Best to report them to their ISP (your tracing software should have this facility unless you're using a really basic forum).

Exactly. So the question is, what kind of board are you running? UBB? Ikonboard? EZBoard? YaBB (like proboards and xsorbit)?