Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2002, 07:50 AM   #1
Ugaya
Manshoon

Maybe someone out there can help me...
I'm looking for stuff about Kara-Tur (background information, society, geography, monsters etc.) for my brother. He is a dedicated DM for years and he would like to create a campaign in Kara-Tur and needs "data". Thus, for the first time I know a wonderful birthday present...
I checked the wizards.com-homepage and found wonderful stuff (Kara-Tur Campaign Setting and the Monstrous Compendium Kara-Tur (1st edition). Too perfect to be true, it's available for downlaod (ESD) only in the US. Bad luck sitting here in Germany.
Introduction ends here....
My request is:
Are the mentioned books still available anywhere else? Are there alternatives? Maybe 2nd or 3rd edition books which contain the "background information" as well? Where can I get them?.
Any help will be appreciated.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:08 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You could try www.amazon.com and see if they are still available, new or used. Another one to try are the Wizards.com forums, they have a Kara-Tur section.

You can also try and see if there are some older Adobe manuals here.

Old 01-16-2002, 01:26 PM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Ugaya:
Maybe someone out there can help me...
I'm looking for stuff about Kara-Tur (background information, society, geography, monsters etc.) for my brother. He is a dedicated DM for years and he would like to create a campaign in Kara-Tur and needs "data". Thus, for the first time I know a wonderful birthday present...
I checked the wizards.com-homepage and found wonderful stuff (Kara-Tur Campaign Setting and the Monstrous Compendium Kara-Tur (1st edition). Too perfect to be true, it's available for downlaod (ESD) only in the US. Bad luck sitting here in Germany.
Introduction ends here....
My request is:
Are the mentioned books still available anywhere else? Are there alternatives? Maybe 2nd or 3rd edition books which contain the "background information" as well? Where can I get them?.
Any help will be appreciated.

I can download them and e-mail them if you have an e-mail program that can handle 4-5 meg files... I also own the kara-tur monster compendium, but unfortunately no scanner
Old 01-17-2002, 08:20 AM   #4
Ugaya
Manshoon

Thanks Memnoch for the tips. I checked the D&D Downloads. Nothing regarding Kara-Tur but at least a lot of different pretty interesting stuff.

Thanks Morguerat. I send you a private e-mail. Hope you don't mind...
Old 01-17-2002, 08:31 AM   #5
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Her are a couple of sites that might help you out
Try this
or this

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: AngelofDeath ]

You Can Not Hide