Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-26-2002, 05:26 PM   #1
Alric
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi!

I'm just about to start ToB (did Watcher's Keep while in Chapter Six) and I just wanted to know one thing.

I now have the Golem Manual and the Clay Golem page and Cespenar has offered to combine those two items. I know there are more pages later in the game and the question is, can I put more than one page in the manual or should I wait until I find a better page to combine the items?
Old 12-26-2002, 06:06 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Cespenar will put the best page in, and can put others in later. Problem is, he is of the opinion that Juggernaut Golem is best, while most players would reckon that Clay is better since its immune to non-blunt damage. And most enemies in the game carry swords of some kind.

A rational implementation would let you summon any Golem type you had the page for, but alas the game dosent let you.
Old 12-26-2002, 06:08 PM   #3
dark soul
The Magister

hey alric welcome to ironworks
well there is only 3 types of pages
spoiler
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
there are 3 pages like i said.....there is the clay golem, the juggernaut, and the stone golem....u can only choose 1 of them so that means u can only put 1 page unless im mistaken.......and remember that this item can only be used by mages or bards.....u can find the stone golem page at Yaga-shura lair and the juggernaut page at Abazigal(this might be spelled wrong)lair

[ 12-26-2002, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: dark soul ]
dark soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 03:45 AM   #4
Jan

Only 3 pages? Hmm can't remember but all pages can be put into the book unless the Juggernaut page (which Cespenar thinks is the best) is the first page you give to him. I had a page he wouldn't even look at 'cos the Juggernaut page was already in the book.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:14 AM   #5
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

There are three levels of golem
Clay, Stone and Juggernaught.

You can always upgrade from one type to the other but you can never downgrade, so once you have chosen Stone Golem or Juggernaught you can not get clay golem.
Old 01-06-2003, 02:32 PM   #6
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Try dropping the Stone and Juggy (lol) pages, if you have them, so that only the Clay golem remains in your inventory. Then talk to Cespenar. After you upgrade (if you have the option) pick the other pages up.

Someone should make a mod that enables you to select the golem you summon...