Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2003, 10:22 PM   #1
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

I just reinstalled BG1, as I want to take a character right through BG1, TotSC, BG2, ToB.
He's a Dwarven Fighter/Cleric, Laweful Good, using mace & shield.
str - 18/81
dex - 16
con - 18
int - 10
wis - 18
cha - 10
A roll of 90 on my 2nd re-roll ! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, so he's a great tank, and my party is
*Me - Tank / cleric
*Ajauntis - Tank (paladin in the ankheg map)
*Imoen - Thief

I also currently have:
*Jaheira (Khalid met with an accident )
*Montoran and Xzar (evil mage and thief you meet right out of candlekeep)

I'm not keeping these characters though, who do you think is good for my party ?
I'm thinking of Garrick, never used a bard in BG1, is it worth it ?
also thinking of the mage in nashkel mines (near the end)
and Kivan (archer in the cloakwood)

any tips ? I want a mainly good and some neutral party
also it's been ages since I played BG1, so it will help if you tell me where npc's you suggest can be found

Also, does anyone know if/where I can get a no-CD crack for TotSC ? I'm sick of all the CD changing BG1 makes you do

thanks
Old 02-17-2003, 10:26 PM   #2
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

couple of other things:
1. is there still a BG1 forum ? I couldn't see it in the list

2. tomes. should I give them all to my PC or can I bring them into SoA and give them to SoA NPCs ? just thinking the Int and Cha tomes won't help me much. If I can't import them, do you recomend giving them to myself anyway, or giving them to BG1 npcs ?

3. Bring things into SoA. I've never imported a character from BG1 to BG2 before, this is the first time I've even installed BG1 since I bought BG2. Will I find my equipment again after I import ? what about the pantaloons ?
Old 02-17-2003, 10:45 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

One error: There is indeed an archer in the Cloakwood, but it's Coran, not Kivan. Your confusion is understandable, as it's my opinion that they used to be the same person.

Oh, another error: There is indeed a BG1 Forum, and it's still alive & well. Look under the "Ironworks Classics" heading. It's there somewhere, trust me.

I've used Garrick once, all the way through the end of the game. He sucks. But hey, he's a Bard, he can't help it. I would only drag him along if you want someone to use Wands, but don't want to take an actual Mage.
Coran and Xan should complement your party well, especially since Coran + Imoen can get ALL of your Thieving bases covered.
Take the link in my sig, and go to Appendix 1: Tables. There you will find a complete (although Spoiler-Free) listing of every single person in BG1 who can be a member of your party.

*All* of your equipment will be removed from you when you import your character into BG2. Since you cannot save the Tomes to use them in BG2, and using them on NPCs in BG1 will have no effect in BG2, there is no reason to give the Tomes to anyone but your PC.

The Golden Pantaloons will be found soon after you start BG2.

Do not have the Claw of Kazgaroth on your person when you Import, unless you want to get screwed out of the Helm of Balduran.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:18 PM   #4
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

thanks six. looks like garrick is out then, still looking for 6th party member... and a temp untill I can go to cloakwood too I guess.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:15 AM   #5
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

had a look at your page Six, turns out it was already in my bookmarks from ages ago, but I'd never looked at your 'all joinable BG1 NPC" page before.

Q1 who/where is the LE fighter in Beregost ? I'm guessing it's a dwarf
Q2 is the cleric in Peldvale Viconia ?

also, dont remember there being so many NPCs in the cloakwood, wonder if I ever found them all ?

EDIT: lots of stuff that I took again after I realised something. I would have looked like an idiot

[ 02-18-2003, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: karlosovic ]
Old 02-18-2003, 02:14 AM   #6
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

1. Yes, he's a dwarf, Kagain, he has a shop somewhere in the south-west area of Beregost IIRC.
2. Yes.