Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-17-2003, 05:06 AM   #11
landsknecht
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Arghh... I wich that I could be one of you guys that think that Dragons are a piece of cake... I allways find them rather intimidating and kind of scary!
Old 09-17-2003, 05:06 AM   #12
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Zazze:
Why is "desintigrate" a bad move ?

I did the red one early in the game.
Disintegrate (like petrifying or freezing) an enemy risks destruction of most or all of his items (quest items will always survive). You were lucky to keep all the items in your case but mostly you will lose one or even all of them which can be very annoying if it is a very good weapon (like the one on the red dragon) or the part of a very powerful item (like the scroll on the shadow dragon)
Old 09-17-2003, 05:19 AM   #13
Zazze
Elite Waterdeep Guard

@ Landknecht : Also mit den meisten Gegnern...

Beg for pardon : I made the experience that taktics is one aspect of a good fight, but luck is the other one. e.g.

I tried the lich on the citygates about 10 time. After a pause and some quest later I tried him again. Only my mage entered the room, the rest stayed in the pub. And not knowing about the item-destrucction-effect of the spell I desintrated the lich, didn´t work about 5 times. The sixth time I just let the fight run without reloading, cast some spells, and the lich fumbles one. The undead walked confused around, so I called my fighters away from their beers.
They didn´t needed more then 3 rounds.

Was that genial fighting-skill or taktical wisdom. NO just luck ! But "Tagesstern" is a quiet funny weapon
Zazze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 05:24 AM   #14
Faceman
Hathor

Yip luck is a factor
BUT
you can enforce your luck by casting some additional spells like "Luck" [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img] or Greater Malison, Lower Resistance, ...
Of course it always depends on IF he makes the save but you can flip the scales a bit in your direction if you use the right tactics.
And Daystar really is a grand weapon. Watch 20 vampires fall to sunray and your whole party level up without one attack made

[ 09-17-2003, 05:26 AM: Message edited by: Faceman ]
Old 09-17-2003, 06:33 AM   #15
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Was that genial fighting-skill or taktical wisdom. NO just luck !
Nope, just a very tried-and-true way of beating up Wizards: Let them waste all their spells on a person that they can't really hurt, and then when all of their good spells are gone, call in the rest of your party to help you pound the bad guy down. The most important part of beating a Lich is the part where you're just standing there. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2003, 03:28 AM   #16
Ugaya
Manshoon

Quote:
I thought and heard that the temple ruin of Amunator should be real hard and the black dragon a menace. But my lvl 12 group did a nice sunday afternoon adventure down there.
Maybe you shoud try the "tactics"-version of this dungeon. The first thing you can read when entering the dungeon under the temple are the protection spells the Lich is casting. Try to kill him and his goons without using a Protection from Undead scroll. I found it quite interesting.
Old 09-18-2003, 03:33 AM   #17
Zazze
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I´m always reading about "tactic-version" or "skip the Dungeon". What kind of stuff is that ? And where can i dl it ?
Zazze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 03:45 AM   #18
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Here are the most common mods one can get:

http://weidu.org/main.html

GL&HF!
Old 09-18-2003, 03:49 AM   #19
Ugaya
Manshoon

Quote:
I´m always reading about "tactic-version" or "skip the Dungeon". What kind of stuff is that ? And where can i dl it ?
You can get it from http://www.weidu.org/
It's a collection of several sub-mods. One of those is beefing up all spawnings in dungeons, another create a quite interesting collection of spells for liches. It's almost a new game, no more easy prey.
Another probably quite challenging mod ("improved battles") you can find here: http://moonfruit.fwstudios.net/
I haven't tried it so far, tactics is enough for now.

"Dungeon be gone" (skipping Chateau Irenicus) you can find here: http://www.forgottenwars.net/?page=m...a0217cfba478b4

[ 09-18-2003, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: Ugaya ]