Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-17-2001, 06:39 PM   #41
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Epona... My family, the half that keeps in contact with me that is. Hail from
Leven in County Fife. At least that's where they were living just before they moved to the USA in 1921. My Grandmother was born north of Livingston. My father has all kinds of information on the family. Unfortunately I do not. I have been trying to get him to photocopy things like my Grandfathers paybook from WW1 and other stuff but he forgets alot...lol

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 10-17-2001, 07:24 PM   #42
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Wulfere:
Moni, Neb and Deiter Leafblade...
This is exactly what I wanted to see here in this thread...some nice creepy
stuff. It's great when a plan gels isn't it Fljotsdale?

Wish mine did half so well, Wulfere!

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-17-2001, 07:44 PM   #43
Conan

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I've been wondering, how many, if any, of these stories are fictional and which are from people's or their familymembers's experiences?
Check up on mine if you dare ..
This stuff is scary for sure. Really, I am not juking you here.

------------------
*\Conan/*

Old 10-18-2001, 07:18 AM   #44
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Fljotsdale... I think this is the first time I have had a post go over 20. Granted a bunch of these replies are mine, but still it's kinda neat. I seem to recall reading some epic debates between yourself and Yorick.

Conan... I really don't see many of them as scary. Well ok Moni put the willies to me. But, then again she also had satanism and sacrifices in her tale. I have to say I believe in God. So if you believe in God then you must believe that there is a Devil. The fact that anyone would knowingly court such an entity for favor is disturbing to me.

------------------

Old 10-19-2001, 06:50 AM   #45
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Things have been getting worse in my house, more footsteps can be heard, especially at night and I get a feeling that there is someone behind me, watching me more often, especially when I am alone, I've also heard knocks on the door, and the house creaks and groans more at night, and at day as well, and there are more strange noises every now and then, this stuff is getting scary.....
Old 10-19-2001, 07:45 AM   #46
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Hmmmm...maybe your just noticing it more. You know after reading the ghost stories.

Then again it is nearing Halloween, the time of year when the curtain between our world and the next is at it's thinnest. Hence the old celtic tradition of setting out an extra plate of food, for spirits who might cross over. I this way, they knew they were not forgotten and would leave you alone.
Mwhahahahaha....

------------------

[This message has been edited by Wulfere (edited 10-19-2001).]
Old 10-19-2001, 10:48 AM   #47
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Here's a good one. My grandfather had just passed away. Shortly thereafter my grandma was constantly calling my dad wanting him to stop by. Finally she told him she was mad because pop was haunting her. Things were falling off of shelves and out of cabinets. The spookiest thing was one of those holiday teddy bears on a shelf. It had one of those electronic music boxes in it. When you squeezed the switch in the paw, holiday music would play. Well, the thing would play by itself constantly! Only in that house though. Once removed from the premises by a great-grandchild it quit doing it. My uncle and grandma were the only ones that saw things falling. Everyone but me heard the bear at one time or another. I just figured it was just a faulty switch or something. It doesn't surprise me. Supernatural stuff doesn't seem to like me. Whenever I'm at a place that supposedly has haunting activity, nothing happens. Ouiga boards never worked, etc. I had a freind who used to do card readings on me because she thought I got the weirdest readings. I almost always had readings that didn't make any sense to her. The only thing she ever pulled from them is that they were "Cards that represent strength of some type". But I digress! Back to the story!

Anyway, we couldn't figure out why grandpa would want to stick around and cause trouble. He had lived a long fulfilling life and said so on many occasions. He passed peacefully and seemed happy to do so. Then we started remembering some funny things grandpa said that now made sense. For years he was always talking about an "Angel" who would visit and talk to him at night. He said the "Angel would tell him that his time was near, and that they would be together" The stories always seemed to be along these lines with minor differences. We figure the ghost thought that once grandpa passed, he would be there with him/her and be a buddy. But Grandpa had no reason to stick around, he was happy and ready to find peace. I guess once the ghost figured out grandpa wasn't coming back, it threw a temper tantrum. At any rate the incidents quit and grandma moved out.

------------------
Member of ORT
Master Barbsman and weilder of the razor wit!
Official royal toad! Ribbit! Ribbet I say!

The true secret to happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!

[This message has been edited by Sir Kenyth (edited 10-19-2001).]
Old 10-19-2001, 12:05 PM   #48
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

One ghost story by me, nothing as compared to all these others...

Last summer, I had a friend from America over. We were both eating lunch in the kitchen, the door was open. Then - suddenly, we both had the feeling that someone was standing outside the door. It was really, really strong. There was no one there, but the feeling wouldn't go away. Then I shouted "Stop spying on us!", I don't know why, I guess I didn't like the feeling. Apparently it got mad, felt insulted - we started feeling a really, really strong sensation of menace. We were absolutely paralyzed with fear, couldn't move. Finally, I got myself mad and stomped out the door and to the stairs. I asked my friend "are you coming?" She was too scared to stay in the kitchen alone, so she walked out too. Just as she reached the stairs, she stopped, shivered and said "I feel as if I just walked through somebody." We went upstairs and closed the door. Now we had a new problem - we were too afraid that there was someone standing outside the door to open it again. We were very scared, discussed what to do, and loudly apologized to the spirit (we were home alone). Evidently the ghost heard us and understood that we hadn't meant to make it mad, because it became friendly again - the feeling of menace went away, we could leave the room again. However, we still had a feeling that someone was following us. It got so strong that, when we walked to town, we walked leaving a space between us for our "invisible friend". However, after she went, I've never felt it again... I think I miss it.

EDIT: Either I'm imaging things or someone is feeling disapproving! I'm sorry! I just think that more people should know! Is it just me, or is has this spirit adopted a paternal attitude towards me?
------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-19-2001).]
Old 10-21-2001, 01:18 PM   #49
Moni

Sir Kenyth,
I bet you're right about the ghost being upset that your grandfather went on without it! Funny & sad at the same time.

Kaz,
Your story gave me chills the whole way through it! I don't want to guess why it hangs around. It could very well be admiration.

I hear the doors open and close in this house in the middle of the night a lot.
It used to spook me because I expect ghosts to go through doors rather than use them LOL but now, the sounds are just a part of living here. I never hear footsteps or odd creaks though, just the doors opening and closing.

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 10-21-2001).]

Old 10-21-2001, 01:21 PM   #50
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I think that my ghost is a pretty strange one, it's mood changes depending on what music I play, it's true, I experienced it yesterday, when I suddenly began playing some new music which I had just gotten, suddenly, the feelings of being watched stopped, the creakings stopped and the footsteps stopped, or at least stopped being anywhere near as strong as before.