Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-02-2001, 02:04 PM   #1
Link
Jack Burton

Ok. Due to the enormous popularity of the "Own Game" thread, I've decided to start a new one (and stopping the first one from getting to big...you're welcome Memnoch, Ziroc and all other moderators). This is the new thread about my game, any comments are welcome. If interested in reading the first thread, click here. Thanks!!

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-02-2001, 02:11 PM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

Just wished to reply to Legolas' questions in the Own Game thread. The Upholder hasn't been defeated every time. In the temple (on earth) you see a couple of fragments of some two stories. The first one shows you the destruction of a powerful civilization (the real story: the civilization was Atlantis. They were willing to sacrifice their civilization in order to keep the world from being thrown into hell --> the Upholder wasn't defeated this time). The other story shows you the extinction of the dinosaurs, and the following ice age. This all was caused by the Shadow Empire, which broke free and conquered Earth --> again the Upholder wasn't defeated.

------------------

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-04-2001, 06:40 AM   #3
Legolas the Elven Archer

Okay. So it's not saving the world, but saving your civilisation.

Once again I have to ask you to post everything you have so far. (That would mean people can just read the first page of this topic instead of plowing through the other one)

We'll see if we can improve some things here and there

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 09-05-2001, 02:06 PM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

MY GAWD!!! What happened here?? I turn my back, and everything falls apart?? Please guys, i'm freakin' busy right now, and i can't keep this topic up forever. I promise that i will post when i can, but the school computers are so f*cked up internet won't work half the time.

------------------

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-06-2001, 07:48 AM   #5
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
I promise that i will post when i can, but the school computers are so f*cked up internet won't work half the time.
I recognize that situation

------------------

Old 09-06-2001, 08:25 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Ok. Due to the enormous popularity of the "Own Game" thread, I've decided to start a new one (and stopping the first one from getting to big...you're welcome Memnoch, Ziroc and all other moderators). This is the new thread about my game, any comments are welcome. If interested in reading the first thread, click here. Thanks!!

Thanks, mate.

------------------
Old 09-06-2001, 09:02 AM   #7
Link
Jack Burton

You're welcome Memnoch. I'm don't want to be seen as a horrible member.

------------------

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-07-2001, 04:11 AM   #8
Link
Jack Burton

For all the fanatics: I will start typing the summary in an hour or so.

------------------

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-07-2001, 05:10 AM   #9
Legolas the Elven Archer

Hurrah!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Legolas the Elven Archer (edited 09-07-2001).]

Old 09-07-2001, 05:29 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

And here I am!! Legolas must be very excited about this!!

The story is as following:
Somewhere in the South American jungle, and archaeological search party is trying to find a secret temple. They eventually find it, yet do not know the exact danger of what's inside. The three leaders of the party enter the temple, the indian workers are too afraid to follow them. Inside the temple they discover a circular room, which is lit by a hole in the roof. In the center of the room they notice a book, and they wonder how something that old can still be intact. The moment they open the book, they are teleported to a strange place, known as the Halfworld. The Halfworld is actually the center of the "parallel" universe, and the world where all races live. The Earth is just the planet for the race known as humans.
In the beginning the three archaeologists do not know why they're in the Halfworld, and because they are separated things are even more complicated. Little by little they find out that one of them (and which one is not sure yet) is the One. The One who will defeat the Upholder of the Shadow Empire, a dark place where demons and evil beings roam (NOTE: the complete story; Every six thousand years, one of the empires (either Shadow or Good, that depends on who won 6000 years earlier) is granted the chance to take back what was "rightfully theirs").
Because neither of you know a thing about the things happening in the Halfworld, and the Archmage of Wizard Isle is the only one who could tell you, money is needed to reach that island. In order to get the money you have to perform certain quests (which could allow you to "recruit" party members). The rest of the story unfolds from there..

I'd like to keep the storyline this "vague" because otherwise there can't be anyt twistin' and tunin', if y'all understand what I'm saying. For the new ones on this topic: it is to help me with this story, give ideas, etc. It might help to read the first thread (given in the first post of this thread, but it's nine pages long, so consider before starting that.

------------------

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst