Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2004, 10:54 PM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

I assembled the Mace of Disrupion (actually, Marrok did it). However, I didn't see the same powers that this weapon had in IWD and BG2. The mace is +2 vs. undead but IMO the real attraction of the mace was in destroying undead who failed their save. I didn't see that ability in NWN. Am I missing something?
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:06 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

No, 3E dumbs down alot of that stuff. I hated it too. Check out the boots and cloaks of elvenkind in NWN's. They do not give permanent invisibility and silence, but rather bonuses to the move silently skill and hide skill. Crappy innit?

[ 02-14-2004, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 02-14-2004, 01:58 AM   #3
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

If you wanted to get super disgusting you could add: Onhit Slay Racial Group Undead and give it an average DC, but by 3E standards that mace would be pretty powerful.

Just a suggestion [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2004, 09:17 AM   #4
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Teri-sha Illistyn:
If you wanted to get super disgusting you could add: Onhit Slay Racial Group Undead and give it an average DC, but by 3E standards that mace would be pretty powerful.
That's exactly what the MoD does. So why not make it if you want to play with it. That's not so disgusting, just what it does and most will save versus an average DC anyway (especially at higher level which you need to be to wield it)
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:30 PM   #5
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

Yea I see your point with the DC. At the level required to use it with a decent DC you will probably drop most the undead that would fail their DC with damage bonuses first.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:39 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes all these workarounds for items such as this can and have been done but it still leaves something lacking. Just the fact that in the old IE games the effect was completely unique I guess, rather than just another generic from the item properties tab [img]smile.gif[/img] .